Another HID Posting Arrrrrr- not that bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another HID Posting Arrrrrr- not that bad

Not too bad. Just installed Apexcone HID H1 4500 in my Smoked Euros. Also got original HELLA replacement lenses from German since mine were pitted and the passenger side was taking water. Made a nice custom wire install and was able to save all original plugs and wires from the Euro install. I just soldered a ground lead to the copper base connector inside the back of the bulb cap that the wires connect to. Also was able to drill thru the bulb cap and feed the harness to the ballasts. Used 3M sealant around gasket for wires to ballast and also around lens housing. All is Good EXCEPT the left low beam HID doesn't want to light up sometimes. I need to turn the lights on and off sometimes to get it to light up. Is this normal? Passenger side is rock solid..
    Thanks
    dlm ny

you might have a bad solder (cold joint) on your ground wire. hook a meter up and check for resistance.

I thought these kits were plug and play, is it different with the euro assemblies?

Comment

HID connector

No cold solder that is for sure. The end cap of my Euro has the normal female spade that the hot on the HID can plug into. The ground connection inside the end cap is a copper fitting that sits on part of the metal base for the buld holder and that copper fitting has a lead that goes to the connector on the back of the end cap. I just piggy backed a female spade end connector with a wire lead and soldered to the copper piece. Pretty simple.
      dlm hth

Comment

Originally posted by dlmrun2002 View Post
        Also got original HELLA replacement lenses from German since mine were pitted and the passenger side was taking water.
        dlm ny

Where did you get new lenses? Are they glass? Whats the cost?
        -Dan

Comment

Working...
        X