early taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early taillights

Can someone please direct me to the right thread? i would like to restore the taillights for my 86, I have been looking for the right thread but no luck. so if some could guide this noobie, it will be very much apprecciate(i think this is how you spell it) it.

thanks

This is a for sale post, but I might be the guy to help, since I do tail light restoration and upgrades for all kinds of BMWs, MB, VW, etc. Pics in the 5th post are what I came up with, maybe we can work something out?

Q- What is wrong, ie what do you think needs to be 'restored' in your lights?
    Andy
    Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
    Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
    Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
    Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

nothing wrong with the lights, they are good as far as i can see but i wanted to apply some type of clear coating to make them look much better. At this time i am not in a position to buy anything since i purchased my car 3 months ago and I have spent a little more than my initial budget, thats why i wanted to something cheaper rather than buying a new set, but i will keep in mind your product in case you still have it available.:-D
      Thanks,

Ferndigity

Comment

OK, cool, whenever you want.
        I plan on doing these for as long as folks are driving E30s.
        Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.

Comment

Do the all red conversion and clear them. the clearcoat will make them look virtually new.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Red Turns - Oh, Snap

Originally posted by Holland View Post
            Do the all red conversion ....
            Now there's something I never have considered, all red. I've always felt amber turns were easier to see, and made intentions clearer to the people around me, but I just thought -- If all the lens was red (except reverse, of course), then you could have FOUR tail lights, instead of the single it came with, or the two or three after installing my Standard or DeLuxe upgrades... Wow!

At that point, you would really need a relay or two to power all four of them and keep the check panel from freaking, more than likely. Hell, I have a drawer full of BMW relays from my trips to the pick/n/pull yard, that's not an issue. Thinks I to myself: "This is starting to sound like a friggin '69 T-Bird!"

Hell, that would be easy to rig, maybe I'll do it and post a pic.
            Last edited by Mo Brighta; 03-28-2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X