hid issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hid issue

Just got my ddm digital slim line kit 55w 5k. Well installed and they have worked flawless 2 nights...Well last night i turn them on and my right light didnt ignite. I saw it flicker when i first turned on but didnt ignite. Turned off and on 2 times on the 3rd try it came on...What could be wrong?

hey bro, you might need an hid error code eliminator or a relay. me personally, i would prefer the eliminator .
    KingB

Comment

you don't need error code eliminators on an E30

it sounds like you just have a bad connection, probably a ground. Check your wiring.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

my DDM kit will do that when car is cold...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

forget ddm . go to vvme.com ahaha thats where i ordered my kit. cheap too and i think its better
          KingB

Comment

that kind of flickering is a common problems for hid... even though on my VVME hid kit ( i run it for almost 2 years) ... there might be something wrong with your connections , you need check ur wirings... other way, you can install a realy harness connecting ballast and battery then drawing power from battery directly .to hook it up .. very cheap $10 bucks that i once bought for my hid bulbs...http://www.vvme.com/hid-relay-harnesses-c-20.html
            drivign around the whole world

Comment

I currently have the same problem. Someone told me that the drivers side light pulls more power than the passenger side (common) and to run a relay to even it out. I thought it was the ballast or bulb that was going bad but every now and then it will turn on looking ok. ^^^ I might just purchase that relay from link above.

Comment

Originally posted by M4DE30 View Post
                forget ddm . go to vvme.com ahaha thats where i ordered my kit. cheap too and i think its better

There are only so many factories churning out these kits like mad. Seeing that VVME is selling the 35W kit for 40 bucks I would guess they are VERY similar quality. I doubt they are selling some amazing great kit... for 40 dollars.

I have witnessed many of the 'high line' kits have flickering. I have also seen it on a DDM kit. It happens. They are massed produced in Asia.

Check your install. Remove the error eliminators. You don't need it. Try again. If it continues. Contact DDM and they will take care of you and your problem.

Comment

I contacted DDM on 1 of my 5 HID kits from them. They sent a ballast out without a hiccup.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

How do you remove the warning light for low beam?

Comment

you don't need to. the check system works fine with HIDs.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ooops my mad, I was on the way home when my driver side didn't work, I opened it up and tightened all the connectors, then all lights worked. It gave me the low beam warning. After I got home, turn off the car then I checked again and its gone =)

Comment

Working...
                        X