Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UUC * First ever DOT-compliant LED headlight system - installed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
    You like dick, don't you?
    every tuesday and thursday night.
    ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
      No.

Go sit in the corner.
      just curiosity. jeezzz

Comment

I saw these a few months ago at a commercial vehicles conference. A low beam blinded me for 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
          Saw a trash or street sweeper truck with some 7" led headlights and they were super brite. These things will only cost $100 a pair in 5 years. Back in 03 i paid nearly a grand for my hella based hids.
          LOL!

Paid about $700 for Euro E28 lights shipped from Germany in the mid '90s.

Probably spent about another $600 on Hella H1/H4s around the same time.

I think I paid about $1200 for my first set of E36 Euro headlights.

First set of MKVIII HIDs that I bought were something like $1400 in 1999.

Worth it every single time. Did pricing on a lot of that stuff come down? Sure did... but I didn't feel like waiting 5-10 years. :-D
          - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
          Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Rob great talking to you today. I look forward to seeing what you end up doing with these. I'm interested for sure

Comment

any updates?

Comment

Has the price come down on these?

Comment

Rob, first of all, AWESOME WORK! I've been in search of an LED headlight system for my E30 ever since I got it and couldn't find anything. Personally, I absolutely hate HIDs due to the fact that they are sooo overwhelming to the human eye that I don't feel they are fully effective for lighting purposes. Granted, they light up the road, but are distracting from what people should be paying attention to while driving at night. And just as you stated, the blue and purple doesn't help the lighting at all.

Although, at first glance, the price seems outrageous to many, I see it as being very justifiable to pay a higher price for a product that has better functionality and meets legal standards better than HIDs or OEM style lighting.

Again, props. I was sold with the first pictures you posted and the simple words 'LED headlights'. But after the video, you have my undivided word that I WILL buy a set of these when you begin to sell them.

Thanks for all of your great work so far!!

-Devin
                  1989 325i|1992 325i|And completely obsessed|:woowoo:
                  sigpic BMW. The Ultimate Driving Machine.
                  The Build...

Comment

price?
                    Also how is it different from getting projectors w/angels eyes...(In my opion i would rather rock those).

Comment

LED is brighter and performs better than projectors with angel eyes.
                      He already said earlier that these would be around $2000 for a set of four headlights. Including high beam and low beam
                      The Build...

Comment

Originally posted by bwawuz02 View Post
                        any updates?
                        We're not offering them for sale as you see them here.

There is a new light soon to be offered from the same manufacturer that may match the size of the OE lights, I'm working on that as time permits.
                        - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                        Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

Comment

Originally posted by havoc View Post
                          price?
                          Also how is it different from getting projectors w/angels eyes...(In my opion i would rather rock those).

As drutt23 posted, you're comparing two totally different types of lights. Explore the pictures of the LEDs vs ellipsoids earlier in the thread.

We're not even talking about halo rings here - that stuff is for being seen. LED headlights are for seeing. My car, my driving, what I can see is the most important. We're not playing headlight dress-up here. :)

Comment

^^+10
                            The Build...

Comment

So Rob, does that mean the project is scrapped altogether or you're working on a substantial redesign. Reading between the lines a bit it seems like this is not happening anymore =(

Comment

Originally posted by brian52555 View Post
                                So Rob, does that mean the project is scrapped altogether or you're working on a substantial redesign. Reading between the lines a bit it seems like this is not happening anymore =(
                                Definitely not scrapped - the idea is essentially the same. It's an update with a different unit from the same manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                                X