Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UUC * First ever DOT-compliant LED headlight system - installed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look great on a Bronco...

COTM

Comment

I got an email from Rob stating that they are not going forward with these as the price was prohibitive. Many times what a brand new set of Smileys goes for.
      Current: Brilliantrot '91 318is M20B25
      Former: '88 M3 3.2L, '91 318is 2.0L, '90 318i, '85 325e 2.8L, '84 318i 2.0L, '84 318i, '90 325is
      wamchenry@gmail.com
      insta: @simple_machines

Comment

On an item like this it helps if you dont mark it up 300% though too. :)

I love how ugly they are. I may try and retrofit some for myself in the future.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
          I love how ugly they are.
          of course you do.

Comment

God Steve. Good to see you around.

Ugly plus pricey wasnt a good combo. Plus they look like a spider ate a vw new beetles headlights.

Comment

RESURRECTION!

So i stumbled onto the picture that once accompanied this thread in another thread about HID lighting. It made me curious, because i too love how ugly they are. Kinda a retro futuristic mod, makes me think of the old batman cartoons where everyone basically drove morgans.

Anyway back to the point, Harley Davidson and other aftermarket companies sell very similar lights for much lower prices these days, they are available in 7" and 5.75" models. I am thinking the smaller ones might be usable in the e30? Has anyone tried this?
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I was seriously considering the JW Speaker 8630 Evolution - http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/le...630-evolution/. They have a single and even a double ring mount kit that might play nice - http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/le...ution/0549921/ - but ultimately decided against it. If I had a less rare e30 to experiment on I would certainly be interested to compare them to a high quality HID or Halogen set-up. But I think ultimately you just have to have money to blow to justify trying an LED system over a tried and true HID or Halogen.

Daniel
                1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

There are similar looking headlights to the jw units available for under $100/unit on eBay. They are intended for motorcycles.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

gotta link?
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Get the best deals for 5 3/4 inch led at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Comment

Kinda wanna get one to experiment with now...
                        Originally posted by csermonet47
                        Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Someone make a kit.

Comment

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
                            Kinda wanna get one to experiment with now...
                            Same, I'm wondering if they will mount into sealedbeam carriers.

Comment

Only downside is the 7" ones have more options...

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                                There are similar looking headlights to the jw units available for under $100/unit on eBay. They are intended for motorcycles.

My harley had an LED daymaker headlight, the Harley Davidson one, and it was incredibly bright especially considering there was only one headlight. Worth every penny of the $350 or so it cost. Two of those would be incredible.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X