No brake lights??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No brake lights??

I was told I do not have any brake lights. My brake light check light usually turns on until I hit the brakes and then goes out and would come on occasionally. I assumed that is what was happening recently until I was told my brake lights were out. I would go to the store and buy new bulbs but I do not think that is the problem.

I checked fuse 6 and it is fine. I switched the bulbs and that did nothing. The thing that leads me to believe it is not a bulb problem is that the third brake light is out as well.

Any ideas?
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Bump

My 318is is pulling the same BS....

Comment

Check the switch itself, ended up being the problem on my car. it was seized. so the brake lights wouldnt come on, and would illuminate the check light.
      1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
      1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
      1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
      1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Yes, chech the brake switch, it is located at the brake pedal assembley. 10 min job to change it.
        Mine was faulty as well (no lights)...I had to take it appart and clean it...works for now. I have spare, just in case.

Comment

Yep, brake switch. I cleaned mine and it worked for a few months until gave up again. My new one has been working just fine after that.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
          X