the age old question: smoked vs clear euro ellips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the age old question: smoked vs clear euro ellips

Smoked are hard to find and getting pretty expensive. Greg has a pretty good deal but clears are going for a lot less on ebay. there are several sets for under $200.. very tempting, and they still look great. So what do you guys preffer?
    smoked
    75.00%
    clear
    25.00%
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

go clear, spend the extra money on go fast goods
    BEERTECH

Comment

Inspar8 smoked his own and look pretty dece.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

my vote:
        [/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          go clear, spend the extra money on go fast goods
          Ditto. Although the smoked are tits if (god forbid) I got in another wreck I would have to choose clears. I just cant pay $600 for lights.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

anyone have pics of smoked/clear on a sterling silver car? I suppose I could dig through the tons of cars on E30.de..

I'm not sure what performance mods I could get with $150. I think I've gone about as far as I can with an auto and mostly stock motor. Maybe a rear sway bar but I'm not sure I even need it.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i say it depends on the car. I love black cars with smoked, and white looks good too.

I've looked at red cars with smoked, but clear look better on them.

pic may or may not be working......

the clears may not be ellips, but you get the idea.

Comment

smoked US ellips, Nick (inspar8r) made his own. they're choice

Comment

Clear.

The purpose of lights are to brighten the road and improve vision. Smoking them sounds like you're voluntarilly making them less bright for cosmetic reasons.

To each his own, i suppose.

Comment

real smoked lights don't have smoked lenses - it's an optical illusion. the lenses are clear, there is no difference in the lighting, only appearance.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Totally depends on the color of the car. On Alpine White e30's, such as mine, I think smoked looks pimp if you black out the kidneys. I'll be getting some eventually or making a set as inspar8 did.
                      '91 318is
                      sigpic

Comment

Definitely depends on the color of the car.

I am selling my clear ones just so I can get a pair of smoked ones for the sole reason of having a diamanshwartz car.

PM me if you want mine, I gotta get rid of them quick now.
                        Reminiscing...

Comment

Is that hunter of monkies car? He is from DTM

And as for the question, clears look good on brighter colored cars, and the smoked are good on darker colors. Since your car is silver(I think), smoked would look good.

Comment

I think both cars look awesome. But, the e30 with smoked, above, does look a bit "cooler". However, I like the contrast with the brighter lights.

including cost, I'd probably go clear, since the contrast always looks good.
                            - Sean Hayes

Comment

guys I went clear.. $217 shipped for a new set, you can't beat that. Anyway, I figure I can smoke them myself later, and either way they're a hell of a lot better than sealed beams. :)
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X