hid fogs in early model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hid fogs in early model

I did some research but didn't find anything, will hids work on early model fogs? I have the is front valence so its not the early fogs on the bumper.

and before I get trolled, I know that they're H3 bulbs and hids work on anything. I'm more asking if the bulb will fit in the fog light (and wont get too hot and fuck shit up)

Thanks

Spend your money on real HID fogs not the BS h3 HID bulb swap BS.
    HIDs run at a lower temp over all than Halogen bulbs. They make light in a different way. I have the cow catcher spoiler with early fogs. I replaced them as they are not longer produced.
    Try these. http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=4258
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

I'm talking about the fogs in the valence

(sorry, only pic)

Those would be cool but $40 for ddm hids>$800 for those haha
      I am sure that those are 1000 times better though

Comment

I have the same car. Click my link in my sig to see. I have the hallogen version of those lights and luv them.
        sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche

Comment

I don't really like them, looks kind of outta place to me. Did you ever try to put hids in the stock fogs though? Did they fit?

Comment

Nope never did. I am anti HID swap. Unless done right. My fogs broke and since I couldnt source replacements i swaped em.

Comment

ahh fasho

Comment

Honestly, what are you hoping to gain from this?

The fogs on these cars are pretty much decorative from a modern lighting standpoint. HIDs will not fix their crappiness.
                Last edited by DaveSmed; 02-18-2012, 06:44 PM.
                -Dave
                2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

I had HIDs in my "euro" fogs on my e30. I did have then pointing basicly on the ground so i wasnt blinding anyone. But i havent seen anyone on here with hids in their fogs on thier DB valance. But iirc, there was a metal piece that covered the stock bulb in mine. I had to remove that so the HID bulb would fit. I'm pretty sure the ones you have are the same way, and im thinking the depth of the fog light housings are pretty much the same. I have a spare set of euro fogs if you want me to measure them to see if they are the same depth as your stock US units if you want.

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I have a set of H3 xenons that fit the 87iS fogs. I sold my valence, air dam, air dam brackets and fog lights with the stock bulbs. I have the xenons in their original packaging. They had maybe 30 mins of actual use, probably less. They are PIAA bulbs and are no longer available.

I paid 80 for them, I would let them go for $50. They are 8000K, 12v 55W and absolutely badass. There are pics in one of my threads on e30tech.

I can link it if you are interested.
                    sigpic
                    Gun control means using both hands
                    Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Working...
                    X