DDM HID or Silverstars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDM HID or Silverstars?

Alright everyone I got my birthday money today! :D and first thing I wanna do is change out my old bulbs, should I go with the DDM HID kit or Silverstars? Let me know thanks

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
    1986 325e (EUR)
    Grey Market
    Zinno
    327i Build
    Zender kit
    ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
    sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

HID low beam
    Silverstar high beam. Retains your ability to flash the brights for whatever reason you need to, and HID's just diffuse, offering no real benefit for our housings.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

HID kit, but get one from VVME on ebay rather than DDM. DDM will send you 6000k+ bulbs regardless what you specify. It's the same price more or less anyway. I've heard silverstars burn out rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
        HID kit, but get one from VVME on ebay rather than DDM. DDM will send you 6000k+ bulbs regardless what you specify. It's the same price more or less anyway. I've heard silverstars burn out rather quickly.
        Are those a plug and play kit like the DDMs?

1986 325e (EUR)
        Grey Market
        Zinno
        327i Build
        Zender kit
        ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
        sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
          Only in high vibration environments like motorcycles. I hardly ever got silverstar returns from cars in 5 years of parts sales, Regular or ultra's. Every one that did had fingerprints on the bulbs too.

The ones in my car are going on 3 years.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I know its not one of your options but have you considered PIAA bulbs. I been using them for 6 years.
            PIAA Corporation - PIAA is the global leader in the design and manufacture of LED and Halogen lighting systems and Silicone Wiper Blades to enhance visibility and safety.

COTM

Comment

PIAA burn out SUPER quick.

I used to use them on my subaru because they had nice colors for the fogs, but they'd last 1-2 months and then I'd have to buy more. Expensive buggers. So that only happened twice then I switched to some generic crap on ebay and they lasted even longer.

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                PIAA burn out SUPER quick.

I used to use them on my subaru because they had nice colors for the fogs, but they'd last 1-2 months and then I'd have to buy more. Expensive buggers. So that only happened twice then I switched to some generic crap on ebay and they lasted even longer.
                Thats odd. Honestly, in the last 6 years running them, I have only replaced 2 bulbs. I have been using the Xtreme White Plus bulbs and I use it on my dd.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by Jrey View Post
                  Are those a plug and play kit like the DDMs?

Yeah it's the same product

Comment

Silverstars are almost guaranteed to work out of the box. DDM HID kits; not so much. I have the regular Silverstar lights, they work fine.
                    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                    Originally posted by mbonanni
                    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                      Thats odd. Honestly, in the last 6 years running them, I have only replaced 2 bulbs. I have been using the Xtreme White Plus bulbs and I use it on my dd.
                      Could have just been bad wiring on the 2.5rs, but I mean the other bulbs worked fine. Might have been bad luck for me then.

Comment

just get the 5 or 6k ddm kit. best bang for the buck. get some good halogen bulbs for the highs

Comment

Working...
                        X