Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side marker removal for euro trim: HELP WITH RESISTOR SPECS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side marker removal for euro trim: HELP WITH RESISTOR SPECS?

Hi I am installing euro trim on my 1990 e30, I think the bulbs are 5watt w5w, I don't know a lot about electrical stuff but I do know I need a resistor, can anyone tell me what kind I need and the cheapest place to get them?
    -Thank you very much

You do not need a resistor. Just tuck the wiring up out of the way in a safe place.
    -Dave
    2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

I believe DaveSmed is correct, i had my sidemarker connectors tucked away with my euro trim and everything work fine.

now somewhere a resistor can be used is when you use led bulbs instead of the standard ones. this is a solution to the "hyper blink" but is only needed sometimes.

Comment

I didn't use any resistor either. Just unplugged the sidemarkers and hid the wiring/plug.

Comment

Thanks guys, I think since they are only 5w, the system does not notice.

Comment

It has noting to do with the "system not noticing". It's just a bulb, if you unhook it, it's like it was never there in the first place.

Maybe you are getting them confused with turn signals? If you are missing a turn signal bulb, the flasher with blink faster due to a lower load on the system, but since the side markers don't flash, this isn't a problem.

Comment

Working...
            X