Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving from sealed beams to Smileys. How do I make this change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from sealed beams to Smileys. How do I make this change?

What do I need to make this change. Just bought some smileys off here and was wondering what do I need to convert my old sealed beam look to these smileys?
    91 318 s52 Swap

-m50 manifold
    -headers
    -zf320
    -3.25lsd
    -KaMotors Intake

there are several writeups floating around here in the DIY and on google as well
    1991 318is ---230K - DD
    1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
    so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

sealed beams with have a three wire plug. you will only be using two wires from that plug, all you have to do is find which wire is power and which one is ground. that is basically the hardest part. the installation is pretty straight forward. you with either have to get euro connectors or jerry rig your own if you dont have them already.

the easiest way to setup the city lights is to splice into your sidemarker wiring and connect that to the city lights. so that whenever you have the parking lights on the city lights will be on as well.

if you use hids, then you can eliminate the connector and crimp the wires together using appropriate methods.

one more thing: the connector for the city lights is the same as the late model fogs.

i think thats basically it. just remember to take take precautions and never connect two random wires together.

here is a list of bulbs just incase you need it:
      Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Working...
      X