foglight Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foglight Q's

Ok i have 91 318is production date 09/90 how do figure out if my car was prewired for foglights, also i was looking underneath the drivers side knee bolster and i couldnt find where the plug for the fog switch is.

bump bump bumpity bump bump

Comment

i would like to know too. I have a 91' 318is also but i don't know the production date off hand. I'm thinkin it was 4/90 though if i remember right.
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

i think there is a sticker on your driverside door jam next to the doorlock clasp or whatever it is

Comment

Same Question Bump
          Dan Zickel
          1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by B2ThaZiZza
            Ok i have 91 318is production date 09/90 how do figure out if my car was prewired for foglights, also i was looking underneath the drivers side knee bolster and i couldnt find where the plug for the fog switch is.
            I would think you could just jack your car up and look behind the valance for the wiring. It has a blue connector at the end.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Ok since I have done this mod I can help. WOOT.

Ok, I believe all the 318is that didn't come with fogs are pre-wired for them. You probably can't find the fog light harness by just looking.

1. Take off the knee bolster and take off the driver side speaker cover.

2. Look near the left corner there should be a shitload of wires that are all taped up together.

3. There should be on that is loose, I looked at it for awhile and than I ripped off the electric tape that was covering it.

So yea it was hiding let me know if you need help finding it.

-or-

If you want to see if you are pre-wired an easier way....

Open your hood. Look by your head lights there should be (one on each side) a little plug that isn't plugged in which is for the fogs.

Parts needed:

K8 Relay (junkyard)
              Fog Light Switch (junkyard)
              Fog Lights
              (maybe the bolts needed for the fogs...)

Tools:
              8mm socket
              Philips Screwdriver
              (I think that is it)

Comment

Ok well i found the harnesses but ive got one question are they supposed to have 2 holes in them or are these something else? Also they are grey and tj says they are supposed to be blue.

Comment

Well they are blue on my car but they might not be the same on every car. It should have 2 progs and somewhat of an odd shape, like half oval connections.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

ok cool it does have a wierd shape and it has two prongs so i guess im good to go on installing my fogs. now i just need a relay and to find the harness that plugs into the foglight switch.

Comment

The harnesses you found were the ones for the actual foglights themselves right? If you really want I can check my colors...but if they weren't connected to anything than most likely they are for the fogs.

When you look for the harness for the switch look very hard. Should be on the left taped to a bundle of wires (that is why I didn't find it the first couple times I was looking)

Good luck,
                      Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X