US Ellipsoid retrofit kit from The Retrofit Source in development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Ellipsoid retrofit kit from The Retrofit Source in development

I have US Ellipsoid headlights on the way to The Retrofit Source to develop a modern projector retrofit kit. They will be developing a laser cut bracket so the projector can be mounted to the housing, and then selling the bracket with the projector they feel will be the best fit. I will keep this thread updated as I get more information.
    Yes
    86.76%
    No
    1.47%
    Maybe
    11.76%
    1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Who do I throw my money at?
    -Art

Comment

Originally posted by Deathtoll View Post
      Who do I throw my money at?
      Hah, it would be TRS when they are ready. My ellips arrive there on Tuesday and then they begin the work.
      1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

about damn time

Comment

My mission is to have a kick butt hid system.
          -Art

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
            I have US Ellipsoid headlights on the way to The Retrofit Source to develop a modern projector retrofit kit. They will be developing a laser cut bracket so the projector can be mounted to the housing, and then selling the bracket with the projector they feel will be the best fit. I will keep this thread updated as I get more information.
            Guess what, The MH1's fit so no "bracket is needed" Also I think this will kill anyones idea's. Thanks dude :loco:

Maybe this is a reason why when I sent Matt from TRS a pm on HDP he didnt msg me back.

Ill have two bi-xenon set up by tonight. Morimoto mini h1 US ellipsoids and FX-R Bosch smileys.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
              Guess what, The MH1's fit so no "bracket is needed" Also I think this will kill anyones idea's. Thanks dude :loco:

Maybe this is a reason why when I sent Matt from TRS a pm on HDP he didnt msg me back.

Ill have two bi-xenon set up by tonight. Morimoto mini h1 US ellipsoids and FX-R Bosch smileys.
              When I emailed them they said they've never touched an E30 ellipsoid. The brackets are made so there are mounting holes for the projectors. Are you meaning to tell me that the ellipsoids are lucky enough to have the same mounting holes as a set of modern projectors?
              1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Interesting, depending on price I'd be down, if not I'll DIY.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
                  When I emailed them they said they've never touched an E30 ellipsoid. The brackets are made so there are mounting holes for the projectors. Are you meaning to tell me that the ellipsoids are lucky enough to have the same mounting holes as a set of modern projectors?
                  Well after testing no they will not fit with out some cutting. However they might fit the euros better.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                    Well after testing no they will not fit with out some cutting. However they might fit the euros better.
                    And that's why they're laser cutting brackets, so people can retrofit without cutting.
                    1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

hmm interdasting what would be the difference between these and just buying one of "The retrofit source" HID set ups and just throwing it in the low beam, better light output?
                      88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

definitely interested in this if the price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                          hmm interdasting what would be the difference between these and just buying one of "The retrofit source" HID set ups and just throwing it in the low beam, better light output?
                          It isn't right. ellips are designed for halogens, hid's produce light differently and are not going to work the way they're supposed to. better than hids in a regular, reflective halogen housing, but still sucky.

Xenon HID headlamps: Retrofit issues, advantages, disadvantages, legality, safety and performance info
                          I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

I'd be all over this... Subscribed.
                            88 M3
                            90 325is
                            91 M5

Comment

Originally posted by lbreevesii View Post
                              It isn't right. ellips are designed for halogens, hid's produce light differently and are not going to work the way they're supposed to. better than hids in a regular, reflective halogen housing, but still sucky.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...s/Hid/HID.html
                              Wrong. It is a halogen bulb in a projector housing that has cutoffs. Throwing in xenons gives the same result as doing a retrofit with a projector from a newer car (FX-R, E55, etc). I have their kit in my Euro smileys and I could not be happier with the result, especially since I didn't have to retrofit.

The benefit to doing a retrofit would be using a Bi-Xenon projector so you get the high beam option in the projector (Xenon output) amongst other things.
                              - Greg
                              α Team Founding Member
                              1984 BMW 325 Henna Rot - Sarah -Uber project
                              2011 BMW 335d LeMans Blau - Daily Diesel Torque monster

Comment

Working...
                              X