HID Ballast Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID Ballast Mounting

Those with HID kits (esp. those with a separate igniter), where exactly did you mount your ballasts?

For now, I used heavy duty velcro to keep the ballasts in place, but they are sitting outside of the plastic cover. Ideally, I want them out of the view, inside the cover, so another option is to use zip ties, but that's even more ghetto than velcro
    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

the xtec kit came with this crazy double stick adhesive, works better than the velcro i've used in other installs. the ballasts also had several loops for zip ties. whatever you do, just make sure it's secure; if it shakes around it's more prone to failure.
    sigpic

Comment

^^ Thanks. Didn't know about the shaking -> failure thing. Maybe I should use bolts to mount them.
      Well either way, method of mouting isnt a huge issue, if I find a good location, I can figure something out.

Where exactly did you mount yours?
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

i mounted the driver side one near the shock tower, and the pass side one i stuck directly to a flat surface on the inner fender, inside the covered headlight "back" area. i would have done the same for the driver side but the abs pump was in the way.
        sigpic

Comment

Mine also came with this crazy nazi glue that I'm pretty sure I couldnt pull off if I wanted to.

If you look up by the washer bottle you can see where I stuck mine:
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
            Mine also came with this crazy nazi glue that I'm pretty sure I couldnt pull off if I wanted to.

http://photos.imageevent.com/rstewar...large/rad3.jpg
            ^^ thanks for the ideas.

I think maybe I will ziptie the passenger side ballast to the headlight bucket (as long as it doesn't interfere with the cover).
            I velcro-ed the driver's side up against the fender, and also it's wedged under some wiring, so i think it should hold pretty well.
            ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Pass side ziptied between the high & lowbeam on their carrier driverside double side taped to the side of the inside of the fender inside the plastic cover.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post

http://photos.imageevent.com/rstewar...large/rad3.jpg
                Did you mount it in the same place on both sides... ?

Comment

Working...
                X