Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parasitic draw... Don't know where to start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasitic draw... Don't know where to start.

Having a parasitic draw. Don't know where to start..
    Have a Dmm but honestly kinda forgot how to use haha damn marijuana.
    But on the real if anyone can help me jog my memory on how to run test.

Oh and something else.
    My interior power window switches always light on after car is on. Even with the switch on position car off. Head lights fogs and any other light off.

Window switch lights are always on with the key in a turned to any position - they are not controlled by the headlight switch. Are you saying they are on ALL the time? Even with the key out?
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Two words: test light. With the car off, just start testing any part you think might be the source of the issue. You can bridge the battery with the test light and remove the fuses from the fuse box one by one. Make sure to keep the fuses in order. When the test light goes out or dims, you know something on that fuse's circuit is shorting out. Don't stop when you find the first short, however; you may find another one if you continue pulling fuses.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Placed the amp meter in series with the negative post and grnd cable.
        Results were abit misleading. Highest reading was .028 but not consistent. Actual ley o ley got That reading twice for a couple secs. Measured it more the. A couple times everything else was .01 tested the fuse panel for a amperage draw neg side of battery disconnected and no current draw.

Comment

now just find out which fuse makes the power drop from .28 down to .01-.06 when it is removed. Then you can disconnect individual things on that circuit to test which it is.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
          X