LED Taillight E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Taillight E30

I looked over everywhere and couldn't find single person using these led taillights. I guess they are not sold in U.S. I know some people are using non-led version of first taillight but I wonder how the led version functions. I would like to see to if anyone have any of these led taillight. Post them up.

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
    Ultimate Tanning Machine

nobody ?

Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Never seen those! That's pretty neat! I wish they looked like stock ones and not like Honda lights or something though... For that reason I wouldn't run those...
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Actually non-led version doesn't look bad on red car. Since I have red e30 I will probably buy the first one. If I don't like the outcome. I will just tint it all black or all red.

Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Are those in early model fitment or late?

I still can't get past that it looks like Honda or something JDM's tails...
          -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

early model. I agree that they look little odd.

They are kind of a new car taillight, which may not flow with the classic look of the car for some people. Decisions, decisions.

Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Too bad there isn't just a kit that could convert your existing lights to LED.
              Estoguy
              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
                Too bad there isn't just a kit that could convert your existing lights to LED.
                I'd do that in a heartbeat if there was! Even if somebody had printed boards made and you had to solder all the individual LEDs and resistors etc in yourself! Heck that might be the best way to do it on a grassroots level. I'd do it myself but school is keeping me too busy to learn how to print boards and lay them out...
                -Christian

Comment

If they followed the pattern of OEM taillights then I could dig them. I'm probably one of the few who likes the OEM look with the mix of amber, red, and white.

Comment

There is some in this forum that used to or maybe still those a LED conversion of the rear lights.
                    sigpic
                    323i MTEC1
                    Z3 coupe
                    E60 M5

Comment

I plan on just painting the amber section on my early model tails and call it a day.
                      Matt in VA- CCA 418835
                      1987 5/87 325 5 speed (mine)
                      2005 325Ci vert 5 speed (hers)
                      "Seek the approval of no one."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MoreMayhem View Post
                        I'm probably one of the few who likes the OEM look with the mix of amber, red, and white.
                        ;)
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by stikrz View Post
                          I plan on just painting the amber section on my early model tails and call it a day.
                          ^ +1 that or all red taillight

I guess this is what you need.

Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

You can just get led replacement bulbs and swap out your bulbs and call it a day if you want to keep the factory look as close as possible yet introduce LED to the system. I'm not sure if the check panel would hate you for it or not. Anyone know the wattage of the factory incadecent bulbs off the top of their heads?
                            ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

What's the draw for LED rear bulbs? Honest question. The way I see it, H/O incandescents perform very well and keep the original feel of the car.
                              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
                              X