Can you get euro smileys new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
    Just because I feel like I should say this, you can buy a used set of Bosch lights for a LOT less and end up with a superior product in most cases. The projector buckets are metal, not plastic; this means more longevity and more durable reflector material. You can disassemble and clean then very well in maybe an hour per pair. If that's not your thing I understand, just wanted to inform you.

For reference, mine came out great:
    The problem with used lights is the reflector behind the ellipsoid eye on most 20-30 year old headlight is in sub-par dull condition which is the reason why light output ends up being less then optimal, but still acceptable. Some will have faired better then others, but none will compare to a brand new light. So far as I understand there is not a DIY solution to recoating these pieces to restore their original mirror finish. I see this as the main problem which exists independent of brand (bosch or hella). I have not seen any issues with hella units having plastic back halves.

With that said, used units are still serviceable and can look great and perform acceptable. Many of my cars run cleaned up older lights that I've pieced together from good used parts.

Comment

Working...
    X