No announcement yet.

Interior LED mood lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump this bitch. I was in an e39 today and the mood light is pretty badass. Anyone done this since.
    90 m20is

Comment

i think i might just do this when i get back to working on the m3, i think with the lighted mirror it might be a lil easier to do, i'll deff give it a shot...

Comment

I've been experimenting with lighting in my car and this is what I have.

When I was a delivery driver, I hated that I could never find my pen in front of the ash tray. This was my solution. It's a bulb and connector like the one you would find in the ash tray, spliced into the other lights. I soldered in a small resistor to make it a little bit dimmer.

I had a similar problem finding things in my floor boards, these out of an E34 solved that. They turn on and dim with the overhead lights when I open the doors. ;)

Comment

^I like that idea but with LEDs. I'm doing it. Thanks for posting.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

any more info on the footwells?

Comment

This place has all kinds of LED's for cheap:

Wide range of the hottest LED lights, 12 volt, flexible strips, home lighting: High Quality Products ✓ Best Customer Service ✓ Fast Shipping ✓

If you want to put lights in the foot wells, go with cold cathodes. They sell them in a set of two, pretty much made for this application. Only $8 too.

Comment

Working...
              X