No announcement yet.

Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes e30davie you did and you did it without 2 sarcastic remarks first, and I do appreciate that. And with that in going to drop the whole subject and say I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Comment

damn lots of hate here

A few years ago I got a second set of H4 lights and put them where the high beams go. Then I wired the low beam filament of the inner set to come on with the fog light switch and got yellow lamin-x so I'd have true yellow fog lights that could be switched independently from the white lights, so I wouldn't look like an asshole driving around with yellow lights everywhere.

I did lots of research and figured out the wiring was good up to around 15 amps at 13.5v so 110w per side only produces just shy of 9a. Everyone who replaces their sealed beams with H4 hellas goes from a 35w high beam per side to a 55w and has to replace their 7.5a high beam fuses with 10a, which is okay as long as you do your research first and realize the wiring will handle the higher load.

I ended up taking them out because I bought a set of smileys and didn't like having to press the fog light switch to turn the yellow lights off when I'd turned on the high beams (since I'd also wired my car to have fog lights independent from the headlights).

Anyway now I have H4's again but I'm going to keep it simple.. finally.

whatever you do check your local laws because you'd hate to get pulled over and ticketed for something as stupid as headlights. Being in Australia certainly won't do you any favors as far as that goes

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I dunno what the issue is. good idea i reckon. Bolt them in, wire them up. and if done correctly no one will be the wiser, you wont be braking any laws in aus.

Plenty of e30s have additional spot lights attached to the bumper. All the rally cars have them, people who drive in the sticks have them. Some crazy people buy "hella" covers for their high beams that litterallycover up half the headlights and now have zero high beams and they get all the likes on instagram. Yet someone wants to get more light using the stock locations and it will look stock and everyone loses their mind.

Do not build your car to be "accepted" into the community. If you do you will be continually let down. Build your car like you want and enjoy it and ignore everyone who is negative.

Comment

If you can take the heat here, you'll love this shit hole.

Don't be so sensitive.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by BanickiJ View Post
            Yes e30davie you did and you did it without 2 sarcastic remarks first, and I do appreciate that. And with that in going to drop the whole subject and say I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
            please remit your address here so we can send Vagasil.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
            X