$35 shipped HID kit on eBay?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$35 shipped HID kit on eBay?...

WTF? I was looking for bulbs when i switch to ellipsoids and found this cheap ass HID kit.

Throw me some input, serious input, not "You get what you pay for".

I assume my sealed beam plug won't fit this?

You answered your own questions.

Comment

He has 2 negs in three years and all the hid fb is very positive. I'd suggest you be the guinea pig and get them, then tell us how they are.

For 35.00 I'd take a chance if I had a car that needed them.
      Last edited by parkerbink; 10-22-2006, 10:17 AM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I paid 255 for my kit through prolumen. They have a liftime warranty on all parts. However, if you just want to test the HID on your car to see if you like it, this is a deal you shouldn't pass up. Then again, I couldn't see $35 HId kits lasting more than the 12 month warranty.

$35=Tank of gas.

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
        Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
        Lobsterbacks attack the town again
        Wrap all my things in aluminum
        Beams of darkness streak across the sky
        Pink rays from the ancient satellite
        Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
        Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

I need headlights anyway, one burnt out, figure i might as well upgrade while i have it out and go to ellipsoid. I could spend $15 on decent lights, or i could just spend the extra and try these HIDs, that's how i look at it anyway.

Going to go with the 5000k.

Comment

I wonder why their 4300k kit it yellow?
            ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I have always wondered why HID kits are so expensive.

Think about it...you have a power supply and lightbulbs. The bulbs aren't expensive to make, the power supply isn't really anything special or even big. A couple of basic circuits to make the switching part of the power supply, a couple of inductors. Your average cell phone has far more expensive circuitry.

The power supply doensn't even have big heat sinks!

$35 is probably still pretty profitable.

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

luke you should make us e30 people some kits ;)
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I'm looking at auctions close to the end, and they are at least 100 bucks.... Maybe check out some completed listings to see how much they are actually selling for.

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
                    luke you should make us e30 people some kits ;)
                    Shit man, thanks for the props, but I am an installer...not EE, not circuit designer, not tech...Installer. I do all kinds of shit, but building IC's is not one of them.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

dang, ohh well

Comment

Originally posted by nkell09 View Post
                        I'm looking at auctions close to the end, and they are at least 100 bucks.... Maybe check out some completed listings to see how much they are actually selling for.

in his feedback page there are links.... unfortunately for us, none of those hid kits sold for under 100 bucks.... cheapest one on the first page that i saw was 101 and change... then you have to add shipping.

wish it was 35... i'd be bidding on em by next week.

Comment

if you want reasonably priced brand name / reputable / quality HIDs check out xenondepot.com, they've always done right by me.
                          Sold my Sepang Bronze 1990 325is and miss it already

Comment

I didn't check the ones that have ended, but the ones near the end have little bids.

Ah well, the price has came way down from what i'm used.

Comment

it's at 1.25 with more than 2 days left.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                              X