(Tested) $35 H.I.D kit on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Tested) $35 H.I.D kit on ebay

Ok, so today I finally got the H.I.D kit on ebay. It was first addressed in the thread 3 threads down. I decided to try it out. First off, you will not get it for $35 shipped. Most likely $135 shipped which is still very good. They sent it USPS mail and got here in 4 days after I sent my postal money order to them in Miami, FL. Here are pics first, then I will review.

Very well packaged. Kit comes with the bulbs, ballast (2) and mounting barackets. The instructions that were included were ok, but they are not needed.

Driver's side install.

Pass. side install.

This pic makes it look green They are 6000K. Very nice light output.

Better shot.

Review:
    This kit cost me $170 shipped. The company was very good to deal with and sent me a tracking number. They are in Miami, FL. I got the package in the USPS box and it was padded for protection. The kit is very complete coming with all the nessasary hardware to install the kit. The wiring is so easy a cave-man could do it lol;) It is so strait forward, just 4 plugs and you are all set. The light output is awsome and the build quality is as well.

Conclusion: This is a well built kit. The light output is a good as a stock H.I.D system and the price can't be beat. I would recommend this kit to anyone. So kids, your next H.I.D kit may not cost as much as you might think:up: I will answer all the questions you may have:D
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

umm...why did u keep them in the plastic bags? we need a better shot of the beam pattern outside.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      we need a better shot of the beam pattern outside.
      They're in Ellips... the beam pattern will be the same no matter what you put in them.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

don't worry about the greenish color at the moment. The color will change the first few weeks.
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Yeah I would take them out of those zip-lock baggies .
          I can understand you anting to protect the ballasts from getting wet and wat not but the heatsinks will be putting out some heat and will probably get hotter than normal and melt through the bags anyway .

Whats that sheetmetal screw coming up through your divers side fenderwell ?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
            Yeah I would take them out of those zip-lock baggies .
            I can understand you anting to protect the ballasts from getting wet and wat not but the heatsinks will be putting out some heat and will probably get hotter than normal and melt through the bags anyway .

Whats that sheetmetal screw coming up through your divers side fenderwell ?
            Ya, I am not sure about the bags yet. Don't you need them to keep the ballast from getting wet? The screw is there because my inner fender cover was falling off:o
            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."

Comment

most ballast are waterproof. I've seen pics of kits fully underwater, bulbs and all.
              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

take them out of those bags asap, they are for packaging, not ment to stay on while you installed them.

Comment

Thanks again for taking one for the team! The lights look great and are a little bit cheaper than what we're use to. If you have the time, can you post pictures of the light output against the ground or a flat wall? I would just like to see more of the light output. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wycoco View Post
                    Thanks again for taking one for the team! The lights look great and are a little bit cheaper than what we're use to. If you have the time, can you post pictures of the light output against the ground or a flat wall? I would just like to see more of the light output. Thanks!

No prob. I wanted hid's for a while and now I have them so I am happy. I will take more shots on the ground after I get my wheel bearings and control arms back in, so around this time next week.

P.S. I will take them out of the bags;) Thanks for the heads up. After I thought about it, the e46 has them right under the headlight assembly anyways.

Comment

thanks for the review

Comment

Im in Miami FL where was the address?
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I have put in about 10 HID kits. I have seen some of those D2S/D2R bulbs that have not fit deep enough, or fit too deep into the projector. (bmw folk call them elipsoid). When the bulb does not fit right the beam pattern SUCKS! I can post pics if anyone wants to see when they fit poorly. The first time I tried all these kits was on a 2001 Denali headlight.

Sounds like this kit was good?! I only liked Philips bulbs and Hella or Philips ballasts.
                          '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

My post was of use. :)

Good to hear it's as good as the description.

Comment

Now they just need to withstand the test of time.
                              Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X