Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcwells
    If NOT, then, hey, I just saved at least a hundred bucks plus. :D
    I can't help buy disagree there. Genuine MHW smoked tails look 10x better then the best results you can get with sprayed tails, and for the record.... I have yet to see anyone's smoked tails that were done as well as they could be.

The bottom line is simple. Model sprays are not intended to be in direct sunlight, and exposed to the eliments. They will oxidize quickly and look like complete shit.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

ALLLLLLLLLRIGHTYTHEN! Your advice is duly noted, and I can appreciate what you are saying. Therefore, and therby I WILL purchase some MHWs. Now then, where and how much? Ebay? Elsewhere? $100. $125. ?????

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

eBay maybe, or you can wait for AMS to get them in. Count on paying $200+

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
          now WHERE did you say I could find that tint spray?

Comment

Originally posted by rcwells
            Originally posted by Jordan
            now WHERE did you say I could find that tint spray?
            :rofl: i know whatcha mean
            98 M3/4/5

Comment

the 'real' smoked tails I've seen in person haven't looked that great, IMHO
              BEERTECH

Comment

I had MHW smoked tails and they dont look good post 88. I think it is the lack of a uniform "smoked" look. The 2 blocks on the top and bottom of the reverse light is almost completely black. The section where the brakes are red/smoked and the section where the turn signals are amber/smoked. Pre 88 smokes look great. Post 88 dont.

IMO.

Aaron
                2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_silva
                  I had MHW smoked tails and they dont look good post 88. I think it is the lack of a uniform "smoked" look. The 2 blocks on the top and bottom of the reverse light is almost completely black. The section where the brakes are red/smoked and the section where the turn signals are amber/smoked. Pre 88 smokes look great. Post 88 dont.

IMO.

Aaron
                  What about solid reds then?

Comment

Originally posted by matt325is
                    Depending on what type of paint you use, the red signals could be less glossy because of the paint. This happened when I painted mine red before the tint. So i decided to just smoke the amber the second time.

matt
                    Hey Matt, how bout some pics of the rear of your car then?

Comment

The MHW solid red tails tend to have a pinkish turnsignal. I have only seen pictures of the solid reds. I have not seen them in person.

Aaron
                      2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

I'm finishing up my smoked tails at some point this week.

I'll post some pictures when they are done.
                        '91 318is
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
                          I'm finishing up my smoked tails at some point this week.

I'll post some pictures when they are done.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                            the 'real' smoked tails I've seen in person haven't looked that great, IMHO
                            i must agree with jordan, even tho i shelled out 200 bucks for my smoked lights. they have real nice pop at night when the signals are on. well worth it IMO. just just look real nice . you can pm Nico he sell them all the time. i seen tails where the paints chiping off and and they are fading. they look like total ass.

Comment

I too am with Jordan on this one. Of course, I bought my smoked tails off German eBay for an insanely low price, and they were new, in the box. That was before the exchange rates went to hell.

Nico seems to have them often, or you can watch eBay.de. They are on there all of the time.
                              Current Cars
                              2014 M235i
                              2009 R56 Cooper S
                              1998 M3
                              1997 M3

Comment

Working...
                              X