Yes I searched.. Aiming euro ellips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I searched.. Aiming euro ellips

I'm at a loss on how to get these things to aim properly.

I realize the big knob with the tube sticking out of it aims vertically, but on one side it won't even turn, on the other side its lower then the left and can't go any higher. (for the lows)

I can't find any other way to adjust left to right, maybe i'm missing a screw or something. The left side has plastic screws with a slot for a flathead but I dont see how you could get a screwdriver in such a tight space. Also, I rotated them a little by hand (rusted so its hard) and it didn't seem to adjust them left to right at all.

So what am I missing? I don't even want to try to figure out the highbeams, they have the same plastic screws that dont seem to adjust anything at all.
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

They are the same as aiming US ellipsoids. Each light has three mounts. One of the mounts is simply a pivot point, while the other two mounts are used to adjust the aim of the light.
    The left side has plastic screws with a slot for a flathead but I dont see how you could get a screwdriver in such a tight space.
    Yes, you found the adjusters. Every set you find will have rusted/frozen adjusters, so it is neccessary to use a wire brush and oil to clean up and lube the threads so it is possible to turn them. Do this before installing the lights on your car. I am usually able to get mine cleaned up enough to be able to turn them by my fingers while on the car.

Once you are able to get the adjusters to turn, you should be able to figure out which ones aim the light which direction.

-Erik

Comment

or just buy new adjusters. Thats what I did for my brand new Boschs.
      sigpic

Comment

if you take off the grilles you can aim the headlights with a screwdriver from the front..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          if you take off the grilles you can aim the headlights with a screwdriver from the front..
          Awesome. this is good to hear. makes my life simpler.

can you do vertical AND horizontal adjustments that way?

Comment

yea up down left right from the front is the easiest....the factory screwdriver works good for this purpose, but a longer one won't hurt either. and you cant adjust the high beams this way, just the lows.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
            PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
              yea up down left right from the front is the easiest....the factory screwdriver works good for this purpose, but a longer one won't hurt either. and you cant adjust the high beams this way, just the lows.
              I think I can manage on the high's its the low's that are important to me.

Comment

Bringin the thread back cause I had a Q

Originally posted by e30 Groupie View Post
                or just buy new adjusters. Thats what I did for my brand new Boschs.

what parts exactly did u get and how many of each? I'm about to order from pelican parts but I just wanted to double check...

Is #10 & #3 all you need for the lows? 2 for each headlight?
                #9 & #3 for the highs? 3 for each headlight?

Comment

Perfect! This eruo elips are driving me wild. After attempting to aim them via the screws in the back, I managed to bust 2 knobs off and my left is still shining in the other lane and my right is too low. Good to hear they can be aimed from the front.

Thank you, R3v. And Kruzen for starting this... cause PNWRiders are badass that way.
                  1991 BMW E30 318i sedan
                  2005 Kawasaki 636cc ZX6-R

PNWRiders.com

Comment

Working...
                  X