Can't get low's aimed right..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get low's aimed right..

I bought some autopal h1's and h4's off of ebay. Just got around to installing them, and i can't get the light pattern aimed correctly for the life of me. No matter what, it always comes out looking like this.

left side lower then the right side, and an acute angle of sorts up high and to the right.

Hi-beams light up like a mofawker, its rediculous how far/much i can see with them, but the low's seem to be impaired compared to my old sealed beams.. help?
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Thats kinda what my euro ellipses look like.

Comment

hmm.. maybe i'll just have to get used to it.. i don't know if i don't like it, or if i'm just not used to it.

Comment

Dude, that slant is SUPPOSED to be there on E-code lenses.

Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
          Dude, that slant is SUPPOSED to be there on E-code lenses.

ok..

well i still can't quite get the lights even.. the coverage on the left side of the road just seems subpar compared to the right, and it seems a little low on the left as well, i just don't get it.

i'll play with it around back of a building though.

As a little side note.

Since the pair of hi's and low's only ran me about 45$ shipped from ebay, do you guys think its worth it to buy the protector's from bavauto? they cost 45$ alone, i could buy brand new headlights for that! i'm thinking i should just save to invest in those until i find some nice ellipsoids.

Comment

I wouldnt get the protectors.. They seem so worthless.

My headlamps do that too. Bosch H4s.. They slight slant from left to right going up. Kinda weird..

Comment

it's not wierd.. it's for lighting up signs and not blinding other drivers.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                it's not wierd.. it's for lighting up signs and not blinding other drivers.
                Never thought of that.. That's awesome.

Comment

on a side note, i wired up the running lights today, so badass 8-)

Comment

The reason for the sharp up pattern is for road sign illumination. Left side lack is not to blind oncoming drivers. All EU spec lights have the same pattern, H4, H1 of H3 lights.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
                      The reason for the sharp up pattern is for road sign illumination. Left side lack is not to blind oncoming drivers. All EU spec lights have the same pattern, H4, H1 of H3 lights.
                      Why do europeans have to be smart? US spec stuff isn't like that.

Comment

We have a rule about not breaking the horizon. Instead thye diffuse light so bright lights throw glare everywhere, so much better than having a sharp beam that cleanly keeps all the light low. :roll:

There is an unlimited things our govt does to try and ruin great cars.
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

went out tonight and got them aimed properly (or so i think).

I'm lovin it, these, combined with my fogs, and i have hella visibility!

Comment

Working...
                          X