clear corners, clear lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clear corners, clear lights?

ive always wondered since i bought my car and it came with clear corners and i thought they would light clear like a lightbulb, but they light up amber just like oem. Are you supossed to have them amber? maybe illegal to have them light up clear?

Are you talking about turn signals or sidemarkers? Our cars don't really have "corners." That's more of an E34/6 item.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

DOT req's say it must light up amber, you can do whatever the hell you want though, its your car.

But you might get pulled over and ticketed for it.
      Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
      Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

sorry, i was refering to sidemarkers and turn sugnals.
        I was just wondering because i always thought that the clears were to get rid of the amber color of the light.

Comment

they are, but you can't legally drive it on the streets like that here in the US.

Comment

What's the rule for the rears? Every Volvo I see around here has clears in the rear turns (from factory?). Is that legal?
            The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

haven't seen that before.. dunno

Comment

what you need is these:

http://store.yahoo.com/rodi/sysi75hipesi.html (I dont' believe that i the correct model bulb)

They are blue/clear unlit but when you turn them on, they are amber.

Also there are silver coated bulbs that do the same, but I can't find them in dual filament
                http://www.bavauto.com/se1.asp?dept_id=144 - called stealth bulbs
                Chris
                90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
                  What's the rule for the rears? Every Volvo I see around here has clears in the rear turns (from factory?). Is that legal?

you can have 3 colours from the rear of your car

amber
                  red
                  white

respectively

amber - turn only
                  red - running lamps and brake and possibly turn
                  white - reverse.

technically you can have red turns, or amber turns it does not mater.
                  your running lights HAVE to be red, as do your brake lights.
                  your reverse lights have to be white.
                  and finally

running lights have to have some sort of reflector in case the bulbs fail.
                  and housing can be any colour, as long as they light up correctly. as long as they have some type of reflector for the running lamps.
                  Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

you can legally use clear LENSES, but the bulbs must be amber.

that said, I'm not really into clear sidemarkers/turn signals. maybe on a white car or something similar.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

thanks for the info :)

Comment

Working...
                      X