Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mbus wiring help

Hi all,

I have a CM5808 and wanted to do a little tinkering with the mbus plug. For the life of me I can’t find the wiring schematic anywhere. If any of you happen to know what it is or have a pic, could you please share?

thanks a bunch!​

Guessing no one knows? I got the Bentley manual, and still no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by platelets View Post
      Guessing no one knows? I got the Bentley manual, and still no dice.
      it's proprietary to alpine. they didn't release schematics to bmw. i'm pretty sure they are out there though if you do a search. there's a few threads on adding bluetooth and external inputs on the board, you may find what you want there.

edit : pick up an etm to trace electrical here : http://wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/
      hopefully that helps. save a copy now as the resource could vanish any day.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

it's proprietary to alpine. they didn't release schematics to bmw. i'm pretty sure they are out there though if you do a search. there's a few threads on adding bluetooth and external inputs on the board, you may find what you want there.

edit : pick up an etm to trace electrical here : http://wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/
        hopefully that helps. save a copy now as the resource could vanish any day.
        Thank you. I do have that PDF, was the first place I looked, then went down the rabbit hole of the repair manuals. I know most people rather just yank out the radio, but I want to keep the radio and still use the tape deck.

Comment

Originally posted by platelets View Post

Thank you. I do have that PDF, was the first place I looked, then went down the rabbit hole of the repair manuals. I know most people rather just yank out the radio, but I want to keep the radio and still use the tape deck.
          try a search for adding bluetooth or the extra input. there used to be a few pretty in depth threads on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

try a search for adding bluetooth or the extra input. there used to be a few pretty in depth threads on it.
            I have found quite a few in depth threads, just no dice on the wiring.

Comment

Working...
            X