Alpine CM5907 - New-old-stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine CM5907 - New-old-stock

New here. Checking things out. Seems like a great forum. 1988 BMW Convertible.

I just picked up this brand new Alpine CM5907 with documentation. Any idea what it's worth? I paid $120 hoping the unit functioned, which it does 100%. Hoping I didn't get ripped off, but I'm glad to have a stock unit.

Is there any other documentation that would normally come with this radio or with the cars when they were new back in 1988? Thank you. :)
    Attached Files

Originally posted by blastcaves View Post
    New here. Checking things out. Seems like a great forum. 1988 BMW Convertible.

I just picked up this brand new Alpine CM5907 with documentation. Any idea what it's worth? I paid $120 hoping the unit functioned, which it does 100%. Hoping I didn't get ripped off, but I'm glad to have a stock unit.

Is there any other documentation that would normally come with this radio or with the cars when they were new back in 1988? Thank you. :)
    It’s worth forking over mad money for in the eyes of a purist with a fat bank account. I bet you could easily get a desperate buyer who wants a stock radio to pay you $500 if you threw it up on Ebay. Of course, to fetch that kind of money on Ebay you have to advertise correctly (mention NOS status, good set of pics, ideally a video of the unit functioning).

If you throw it on here or FB marketplace people gonna lowball you
    Last edited by ZeKahr; 11-05-2023, 04:26 AM.
    1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post

It’s worth forking over mad money for in the eyes of a purist with a fat bank account. I bet you could easily get a desperate buyer who wants a stock radio to pay you $500 if you threw it up on Ebay. Of course, to fetch that kind of money on Ebay you have to advertise correctly (mention NOS status, good set of pics, ideally a video of the unit functioning).

If you throw it on here or FB marketplace people gonna lowball you
      $500??? That's... crazy. I had looked at eBay a little bit, but I didn't really find any radios that are functioning, so it's hard to gauge actual pricing. I guess I should be happy with the $120.

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by blastcaves View Post

$500??? That's... crazy. I had looked at eBay a little bit, but I didn't really find any radios that are functioning, so it's hard to gauge actual pricing. I guess I should be happy with the $120.

Thank you for your reply.
        Well yeah, you have a virgin radio here. People go nuts over NOS parts like this. I’d take full advantage and price it to the moon if I had it.
        1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
        1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Yup I think you could list it for $800. NOS with original brochures and security code card is impossible to find now a days. Refurbed oem radios go for about $400-500 now.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
            Yup I think you could list it for $800. NOS with original brochures and security code card is impossible to find now a days. Refurbed oem radios go for about $400-500 now.
            Thanks. Did not expect that. Seems like I got the deal of the century. I think I'll hang onto it.

Comment

Looks really good! Enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
              X