Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OBC dim (but functional) even after new lightbar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBC dim (but functional) even after new lightbar?

As stated in the title, my OBC is very dim (as it looks when bulbs burn out) even after a new light bar. It still works, but is hardly legible. Any ideas on what could fix this? I have tried replacing all fuses with relation to the obc.

If I can't fix it, the euro 316i hvac panel I have is going in. Fuck this shit, lol.

Perhaps low voltage on the input, or a bad dimmer, or you never adjusted the dimmer control on the headlight stalk.

Comment

New OEM lightbar or aftermarket LED bar?
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        New OEM lightbar or aftermarket LED bar?
        Aftermarket led… now that I say that, I would not be surprised if that is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Perhaps low voltage on the input, or a bad dimmer, or you never adjusted the dimmer control on the headlight stalk.
          Will check for the voltage. My dimmer control works fine and moving it has no effect on obc… it’s stuck barely legible.

Comment

If there is one valuable lesson I've learned, it's to not overthink the issue and jump to conclusions. Check the obvious things first. Apply voltage to the light bar terminals and test it.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
            X