Alarm - where to mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm - where to mount?

I bought an aftermarket alarm. Where would the best place to mount the control box be? I was going to stick it in the trunk but I read that the OEM one is behind the glove box. The kit comes with remote entry and remote ignition. Also, is there a "best" spot for the siren? Kruzen was telling me that his was mounted where the battery would go under the hood. My battery, however is under the hood. Thanks.

Maybe on the passenger side firewall? Or behind passenger headlights?

What alarm did you get? I'm looking around for something now, there have been a series of breakins in the neighbourhood. Neighbours brand new JL Amp, sub, and alpine HU were stolen!!

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

cant u just leave it inside the knee bolster cover? That's where mine is, and I would imagine that that's the most convenient spot. If you ever need to adjust the sensitivity, all you need to do it take off those 3 lil clips.
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Re: Alarm - where to mount?

Originally posted by btm4k
        I bought an aftermarket alarm. Where would the best place to mount the control box be? I was going to stick it in the trunk but I read that the OEM one is behind the glove box. The kit comes with remote entry and remote ignition. Also, is there a "best" spot for the siren? Kruzen was telling me that his was mounted where the battery would go under the hood. My battery, however is under the hood. Thanks.
        put the alarm under the knee bolster, get some zip ties and toss the siren under the hood :)
        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I have a small battery so I was able to bolt the siren right next to it. I ended up sticking the box above the knee bolster. So far I've just wired the main power and siren. Everytime I connect the wires to the box the siren goes off though :?

Axxe - I have a Prestige APS-996A. I saw it at my local Car Toys for $399. Ebay has it for ~$140. I would, however, not reccomend it. One wiring harness has 24 wires. The other has six. Its a PAIN to figure out.

Comment

just like everyone said already: put it under the knee bolster, if your alarm has an antenna (the one on my '85 does) then run it up inside your driver side a-pillar. my siren is next to my air filter (on both of my 318). i dont know what you drive but if its a 318 (any year e30) then there is a perfect spot right next to the air filter.
            '91 318is

Comment

a good spot for the siren is behind the headlights, there's plenty of room there. (at least with the m42s).
              ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Well, I am leaning towards this system DELTA DA-1005 Remote Start Car Security System. Anyone have experience with it?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe
                  Well, I am leaning towards this system DELTA DA-1005 Remote Start Car Security System. Anyone have experience with it?
                  It looks fine. However, if you're going to install it yourself.. good luck with the remote start. If I were to do this over again I would have got a simpler system. Its not fun figuring where each of the 50 wires go.

BTW, I installed the siren next to my battery.

Comment

Well, it's going to be fun finding all the wires. I have all the wiring diagrams that I need for the car, and I have "hot wired" the car before. That was when I was having trouble with the neutral safety switch. Nothing like stealing your own car!!

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                    X