Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pioneer HU harness and E30 power antenna question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer HU harness and E30 power antenna question.

Need some help from you audio pros! :bow:

Deck: Pioneer DEH-6000UB

Problem: The Pioneer harness only has a blue/white wire(System Remote Control). No solid blue wire for power antenna signal.
    The manual says: Blue/White - Connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC).

Questions:
    1. Where do I connect the power antenna wire to?
    2. Should I tap both the amp and power antenna wires to the System Remote Control(blue/white) wire off the deck's harness?
    3. If I do tap both, Will my amp shut off when I try listening to a CD/iPod?
    4. Do I need to connect the Mute wire to anything?
    5. Is my wiring correct:
    Ground(black) - brown
    Battery(yellow) - red/green
    Acc(red) - violet/grey
    Illumination(orange/white) - grey/red
    System remote control (blue/white) - ?
    Mute(yellow/black) - ?

Picture of the harness:

RIP

The blue/white stays live whenever the deck is on, so the antenna will be up on USB/CD whatever.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I took care of my antenna controls by running a hot wire from the battery to the stereo area and then by removing the speaker L/R switch in the HVAC area also by the hazards,defrost and window kill switch. I got a second kill switch and replaced the speaker switch with it. Then hooked the live wire from the battery to one end with a female prong connector and the E30 antenna wire to the other prong. So now it looks BMW stock and when I want the radio I just press the switch!

(the speaker controls are taken care of by the new deck)

In the picture attached it is the switch on the left
      Attached Files
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

BUMPING OLD THREAD. Rather than make a new thread I have a similar question.

I am wiring in my stereo into my 1991 e30 318i which currently had no stereo. I have the thing wired in all good, but the blue/white wire from me stereo goes to a blue wire that is "amp power/control". I have no wire for the antenna on the stereo side. How do I fix this?

Or can I just plug the big needle prong thing into the stereo and have a switch on the white e30 antenna wire to have it go up and down?
        View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          The blue/white stays live whenever the deck is on, so the antenna will be up on USB/CD whatever.
          again, one of the stupid things on newer decks, like you've mentioned before Luke. bought the new JVC xxxkd80bt or what ever it is and I have the same issue. Either have the damn antenna up all the time or put in a goddamn toggle switch if I want to listen to radio and have it up. Bullshit.. Oh yea and waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X