Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attempting K9 Eclipse Alarm install (kudos stereoinstaller)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, tried it and worked like a charm, super easy. Thanks for the suggestion, I was glad I didn't have to randomly poke holes in the firewall with a hanger. The alarm works perfectly with no glitches. Only problem was getting that big metal/foam thingy under the instrument trim panel back on. Took me about 2 hours and a lot of pushing/straining/banging with a hammer. Finally got it back on but a little deformed.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    What I do is easy, quick and clean.

First, mount the siren under the battery tray. Hides it nicely and makes tons of noise.

Second, look at the grommet for the ECU. There are 3 or 4 small nipples on the grommet itself....snip one off and slip the wire through.

Now, you can reach behind the glovebox and grab that wire. Tape the wire to the end of a coathanger and feed it in front of the heater box, about 10" off the floor, right along the firewall. You will see it pop out the other side.

GL!

Luke

Comment

Hey guys instead of starting a new thread im just asking a question in this one. Does anyone have pictures or the wires i need to get to inside the kickpanel so i can trip the locks into locking instead of installing the alarm in the trunk.

www.roadreview.net

Comment

Working...
      X