AC Quit WORKING THIS WEEK!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Quit WORKING THIS WEEK!!

i was driving this week with my ac on, and out of nowhere my ac quit. it was like i just cut the switch off. at first i thought it was my blower motor switch because it only worked on 4. then i was talkin to my brother and he said it was the resistor. he had to replace one on my mom e30, but hers never quit it just only worked on 4. he worked at BMW as a Tech. so i would hope he would know. anyways do you think that is the problem or the switch itself because of course i dont have heat either. so that rules out the ac system itself. if it is the resistor where is it located and what does it look like? THANKS

so....the blower stopped working or it stopped blowing cold?

If it is the blower it could be...the fuse, the switch, the blower motor, wiring, etc
    www.classicdaily.net
    1970 m42 swapped 2002
    1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
    https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Sounds like the blower? If it only worked on high then quit, that's what I would gather.

Mine get's funny sometimes too, I have to mess with the top slider (dash vents) to make sure the blue A/C light is lit, or it blows hot :(
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

it quit blowing all together i thought it might be the switch but according to what my brother says it's a resistor. i don't know but i have to parts cars so i will check the fuse and then start switching parts out i guess unless anyone here thinks they know for sure. then i will just test that one first!

Comment

Noone is going to know for sure, you need to check the basics first. Fuses.

If it stopped blowing AIR, that doesn't mean your A/C stopped working. It could be a fuse, could be a resistor, switch (does it not work on ANY of it speeds?), or the blower fan itself. When you turn the A/C button on while in neutral, do you notice a slight jump in rpm?
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

^ What Jean said. Start with the basics.

Just be thankful you're not in FL. It was 98 degrees and VERY humid today. :p

My 318iS' A/C started blowing cool air and I took that bitch straight in for a re-charge!! :D
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Got it fixed just a 30 amp fuses thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                ^ What Jean said. Start with the basics.

Just be thankful you're not in FL. It was 98 degrees and VERY humid today. :p

My 318iS' A/C started blowing cool air and I took that bitch straight in for a re-charge!! :D

You ain't kidding! Freaking HOT lately.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Consider yourselves lucky. It's was 100+ for 6 days in a row here in Tally. Still hot as balls too. It rained a bit yesterday for a bit of relief.
                  Originally posted by george graves
                  If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Working...
                  X