Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing off the trunk setup, finally. (new pics added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks great man, i like the port, very clean.
    Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

holy schnikes that port install on the fabbed rear shelf looks ridiculously clean. what did you use for the rear shelf? 3/4 mdf bolted onto the sheet metal or something else?...

and is it suede? :P
      I retired my E30 for now...
      E46 323i
      David Schultz

Comment

Jesus christ. Do you do anything wrong? I cannot find a single thing I dislike about your car. Maybe that it's not mine, but that's about it.

You really have a talent for customizing just about anything that goes on/in a car.

Comment

Originally posted by DSchultz325e
          holy schnikes that port install on the fabbed rear shelf looks ridiculously clean. what did you use for the rear shelf? 3/4 mdf bolted onto the sheet metal or something else?...

and is it suede? :P
          The rear deck is fiberglass stretched over a thin MDF skeleton. The headliner is suede, but the rear deck is something else.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Headliner looks real good , Wow suede nice ! rear deck looks good but big shiney port looks out of place , ( flat black maybe ?, or cover right over with mystery material , by the way is it speeker fuzz ? ) Did you use any kind of sound deadening ?...
            PS. checked your ride out on CarDomain, WTF only 4 stars, I gave it a couple votes !

Comment

When I get around to it I will paint the port satin black (same paint as the shadowline) but its been too cold and rainy lately.

The rear deck is some random black material that I liked from Jo-Ann's No sound deadening, thinking about filling the void in the rear deck with great stuff, it vibrates a little (makes no noise)

Comment

Great stuff , what's that ? not that expanding spray foam I hope ! It tends to dry up, shrink, then sqweek like hell with any little body movment ...

Comment

Yes its expanding foam, and I've never heard of it shrinking and squeeking.

Comment

Ask around your local Stereo shop Jordan ! Ive heard of a couple installs gone wrong from spray foam ! You would be much better off with a product like Dynamat or Brown Bread... Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Dynamat is heavy (unless its extreme) and didn't do much for me. I think the foam did more.

As for the foam shrinking thats sorta weird. I have heard of spray foam buckling things but never shrinking.

Sold it.

Comment

never tried dynamat, but I have tried Brown Bread and did its job. A lot cheaper than dynamat too.
                        ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

I'm not looking for sound deadening.. there is just a void between the recessed portion of the rear deck and the new top. I stretched fiberglass over the cardboard (removed the carpet) and the fiberglass is a little flimsy. I just want the foam to fill the 1in void so it is a bit stronger.

Comment

Got bored this morning and finished off my diagram as well :)

Comment

how are you getting 300w to all 4? is that a 300/4 @ 4ohms amp?

I ask because my PPI 600.4 does 75x4 @ 4 ohms and 150x4 @ 2ohms.
                              Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                              Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen
                                how are you getting 300w to all 4? is that a 300/4 @ 4ohms amp?

I ask because my PPI 600.4 does 75x4 @ 4 ohms and 150x4 @ 2ohms.
                                75W RMS x 4 @ 1.5ohm - 4ohm
                                ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X