Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finishing off the trunk setup, finally. (new pics added)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryson
    how illegal is it to run without a third brake light? What year were they made a requirement?
    Good question. I don't know the answer to that.

Either way there is no seeing the 3rd brake light through the M-Technic II wing.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

86 was when they first implemented them, right? I wanted to get the M-Tech 2 knockoff wing with the led so I could have a 3rd light, but the ones I found were garbage. I don't even think it is a law to have a 3rd light, though.
      I retired my E30 for now...
      E46 323i
      David Schultz

Comment

it is a law currently, but if it was made after the production date of my car, then I'd be able to ditch it along with my rear deck

Jordan, with the countless SUVs on the roads these days, I'm sure the third brake light would still be effective

Comment

Honestly, who the fuck cares? I seriously doubt he will get pulled over for it (what cop would know there needs to be one) and like he said, you can't really see it due to the M-Technic II wing. It's of no use to anyone on the road because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
            Honestly, who the fuck cares? I seriously doubt he will get pulled over for it (what cop would know there needs to be one) and like he said, you can't really see it due to the M-Technic II wing. It's of no use to anyone on the road because of this.
            I'd imagine a majority of cops would think our cars were made in the early 80s, anyway :)
            I retired my E30 for now...
            E46 323i
            David Schultz

Comment

broncos ran without them until 95
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
                broncos ran without them until 95
                thank you! I'm probably going to end up ditching mine, mostly because there won't be anything for it to mount to..

Comment

FYI, in many states, and i'm 100% sure about NY, you only need to have 2 operating brake lights. My brother, who is a cop, got yelled at when he first started for writing no 3rd brake light on traffic tickets.

So all you cabrio owners... GET TRUNKLID HUNTING :twisted:

Comment

I for one think the e30 rear end just looks cleaner w/o the third brake light, when they're illuminated. Stu doesn't (AFAIK) and I never had a third brake light (I just took the bulb out) and I thought it was fine. Car passed inspection like that and everything.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Jordan, cant you do a write up on how to do the false rear deck please......or is it top secret?????? ;)

NB: Atleast here in S.A we dont have laws about a 3rd brake light!

Comment

Working...
                      X