Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
    Originally posted by BMWE30
    Bass travels in the opposite direction (the rear of the subs)....keep that in mind when you are considering sub placement in your trunk.
    You're trying to tell us that the soundwaves radiate from the rear of the cone?
    Only if you wire it backwards lol. Fucking morons on this forum I tell you....

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
      Bass travels in the opposite direction (the rear of the subs)....keep that in mind when you are considering sub placement in your trunk.
      LOL. You ruined it.. I was trying to get him to say 'yes'.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Set the phase to reverse, yo.
        I retired my E30 for now...
        E46 323i
        David Schultz

Comment

Whoops! :oops: Maybe I should read what I type ;).... my bad...didn't mean that!

Ken: Yes ;) hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
            lol...

Comment

Pay someone that knows what they are doing to build a box.
              Dont listen to him, learn and then do it. Its really not hard. You can learn a lot from places like caraudio.com, they actually help people.

Comment

Originally posted by colt325e
                Dont listen to him, learn and then do it. Its really not hard. You can learn a lot from places like caraudio.com, they actually help people.
                word

go to the library and get a book on loud speaker design... get the principles down, look at other people's work, the go for it.

-Addis

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

ive always though of putting a sub under each front seat in my car but i didnt know the deminsions on if i could fit it under them and still have them sound good or anything like that

Comment

Re: Enclosure design

Originally posted by Dirtsquirt
                    Nice touch with the little pink JL's
                    Good to see a man that pays attention to detail. ;)

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
                    R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
                    "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
                    My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Comment

After reading this thread I'm wondering if anyone is actually in the audio field? I owned a shop for 2 years and was MECP certified. I know a teensy bit about audio.

A sub "radiates" a wave from what ever side is facing out of the box. A sealed box will not radiate (or will radiate very little as the sub is compressing the air inside and making a vibration) anything from the back side of it as it is sealed in the box. If the back of the sub is facing out..... it will make the "wave" Pretty simple. As far as facing subs back and forwards..... thats all dependant upon what the resonant frequency of your subs and your car are. I don't remember the exact specs..... but low bass waves are LONG..... REAL long. Like.... 30+ feet in some instances. What you want to do is accomplish a high or low on that wave right at your face...... Have you ever had yer stereo on and done something down on the floor board and noticed the bass seems louder? Its because that wave is reverberating down in the underdash area and being given extra space to "stretch" Thats why most people put the mic in DB drag type events way up in the windshield or way down under the dash as far as they can go. The further away the mic.... usually the better number.... With this said it can also happen that your "high or low" wave may occur when you face the subs forward. You just have to toy with it. As far as subs facing each other cancelling... Nonsense. Isobaric configurations (also known as clamshells) depend on this formation inorder to work. Very hard to tune... but is possible. As long as you are running the same amp to the same subs with the same signal..... ie you don't have 2 subs and 2 separate amps pushing them.... you should be good. I wouldn't face them at a severe angle towards each other unless you are good with numbers and can do some designing.

All in all I recommend (if I can) that you try as hard as you can to make the box with the speakers facing either down or to the rear. To the rear if at all possible. But as I see this thread is moderatly old and the only reason I decided to comment on it is because I saw how foolish people were being.... I'm imagining you've already built something. but maybe this was a little informative to someone.

Comment

I have a e34 525. if I use one JL 10 and face it rearward in a tuned box, where should i position it in the car? as with other bmw's there is the ski hole in the center of the rear seat. should i place the box to one side of it? maybe create the correct angle so the sound waves are directed to teh rear deck lid (and dynamat) and then reflected back into teh cabin?

Comment

Working...
                        X