My new deck (some pics, installed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new deck (some pics, installed)

This is my Christmas present from my finacee'. Ive been needing a new deck since mine is quite old, and the almost neon green display is just fugly in my car...

I should be receiving this within a week, I hope:
    The display has many different color options :!:

Info on the deck: Clarion ProAudio DXZ835MP

Anyone had any experiences with this deck or Clarion? I have had one Clarion previous to this one, which was really nice, until it was stolen from the car This will be my first "real" component of a hopefully decent setup I will be trying to do.

Whatcha think?
    Brandon

Well it sure dont look bad. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Clarion Web Site
      The DXZ835MP is the audio purists dream. Not only will it play standard CDs, it will play back both MP3 and WMA files burned on CD-R/RW discs, with a 20 second buffer memory to prevent playback dropouts. It also has 24 bit D/A converters to ensure the highest quality audio reproduction. You can also customize the cosmetics of the DXZ835MP's front panel. Up to 728 different colors can be selected for the LCD display, and the control buttons will also change color to match the display. You can also change the display screen readout from positive to negative to match the display colors.
      Damn, thats pretty tight. I wanna see it installed with matching amber lighting.

Comment

what you pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by 325 eta
          what you pay for it
          ~$235 shipped from ebay (new)... not the $499 that clarion advertises it for on their site :shock:
          Brandon

Comment

you know what for that price i will pick one up, when you get it please write what you think of it when you install it

Comment

I'll just add to this thread, with some pics or something. Im hoping to get it by the end of this week, and install it this weekend. We'll see how that turns out.

The ebay seller I bought it from was mr2guy, he has a high feedback and sales rating, and the lowest price Ive seen for this particular deck on ebay.
              Brandon

Comment

pics... not the best, but here they are, if anyone wants better, I can try later.

Only thing I do not really care for so far with this deck, is the fact it sticks out a little further than most of the older decks. Otherwise it seems to be a great deck, the sound im getting out of the stock speakers is just great!
                Brandon

Comment

:up:

Comment

What kind of features does that bad boy have? Looks to match the E30 interior quite well.

Play MP3's and is there a remote or anything?
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

man that lights up very nicely, is there anyway you could get it farther back...i'm not digging how it sticks out so far. whats holding it from going farther back??
                      Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

plays mp3s and has a remote, AFAIK
                        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
                          What kind of features does that bad boy have? Looks to match the E30 interior quite well.

Play MP3's and is there a remote or anything?
                          As far as features go... ummm (im a horrible salesman), plays mp3's/WMA files, the adjustable color option is great, you have positive and negative options on the screen, plus you can play with the red, green, and blue (like you can w/a monitor) to get a lot of different colors... The orange and red seem to match the best. It does have a remote, but if any of you have owned a clarion before, you'll know they don't make their remotes very thin. Something I've noticed different from previous decks ive had is that this one doesnt automatically put the antenna up on your car when power is put to the deck, only when you choose to listen to the radio.

Im not sure what else to tell ya really, I havent had too much time to play with it yet. You can check out clarions site though

Originally posted by Spaz
                          man that lights up very nicely, is there anyway you could get it farther back...i'm not digging how it sticks out so far. whats holding it from going farther back??
                          Two things are holding it from going back further... I didnt know a way around them, and didnt want to play with it... but the metal brackets it holds onto pretty much need to be where it is to keep the deck from sliding around. (hard for me to explain) The deck also has quite a few RCA type hook-ups for an amp, and a couple other input/outputs on the back which would make it hard to slide back even if I could get the mouting bracket to set back farther.

Ill get another pic tonight when I go to school, set back further.

(edit) Almost forgot, it has a sub volume button on the right side of the deck, so when I get one hooked up, it will be easy to play with the volume. My previous decks had the option for playing with sub volume, but you had to go through menus to find it. I am not sure what my old decks watt output was, but this one is 53X4 and it seems to be a lot better than what I had, the music is a lot more clear, even with mp3.
                          Brandon

Comment

I had a clarion years ago, it was one of the best stereos I've ever owned. It got destroyed by a leak in my old car's windsheild lining, unfortunately. My buddy had the same deck as me, and it got stolen. :(

looks like it matches the interior nicely.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

nakamich... prolly the best deck ever to match the e30 stykng with the flush mount and the light up display.... but that deck looks really nice, and clario does make nice stuff

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Working...
                              X