X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What amp you plan on?

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
      Got my box today.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now I just have to find a sub. Hey Luke, I remember in another thread there was a sub for like $50, but I'm too lazy to find it, so uh...any recommendations for subs that won't break the bank? :p

Matt
      If you want a 10" sub, I have a few.

Diamond D3 and D1, one of each
      Polk Momo, 3 of them
      ED 110v.2 (dual 2 ohm), two of those

I read this whole thread and I still don't know how much these boxes are?
      :loco:

Comment

Originally posted by foglght View Post
        If you want a 10" sub, I have a few.

Diamond D3 and D1, one of each
        Polk Momo, 3 of them
        ED 110v.2 (dual 2 ohm), two of those

I read this whole thread and I still don't know how much these boxes are?
        I deleted the price when I sold all of them, but they were $185 plus shipping.

What do you want for your woofers? All of those would sound great in these boxes.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          I deleted the price when I sold all of them, but they were $185 plus shipping.

What do you want for your woofers? All of those would sound great in these boxes.
          The polks $35 each
          The Diamonds $50 each
          ED subs, $120 each

The only issue with them is that they are heavy (obviously). If I am going to ship them, they need to be done right, which can get pricy with a heavy sub.

If someone is local, I'd sell on pickup all 4 Polk subs for $100. One of the subs has a crack in the cone but still works just fine. The rest of the Polks have various scratches, but nothing to impede performance.

I also have batshit insane more stuff for sale, including 12" subs, head units, and a bunch of amps.

Comment

You should get a FS thread together. An easier way to ship woofers is to screw them to a panel (making sure the suspension is safe) that fits properly inside the cardboard.

Years and years ago I built a car with a 30" woofer. I had to ship that stupid thing back and forth between San Diego and Portland like 4 times. I ended up building a really simple shipping crate, but hopefully you won't need to go that far for a 10" woofer!

Closing SOON!

Comment

What amp you plan on?
              I pm'd you what it was but I forget the name of it. It's some cheapy 1000w 4/3/2 channel amp that my friend is gonna give me.

Matt
              Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
              I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
              Originally posted by kronus
              try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
              Originally posted by chadthestampede
              This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Thats right, you need a 4 ohm woofer. Either 2 ohm/coil DVC or a SVC 4 ohm

Closing SOON!

Comment

You should get a FS thread together.
                  I already sold a bunch of it, and now I'm rethinking about selling some of it, because the system in the E30 is less than pleasing.

The bitch of it is that this car is slowly going to become a Spec E30 over the next two years.

SO, I have to figure out some way to deaden the car without making it a giant pain in the arse to get it all back out when I get serious about converting it.

My previous car had Rammat all over it, and removing that stuff was horrible. Don't want to do that again.

I also have to be careful about cutting holes in sheet metal, since that could be looked at as cheating with the sanctioning body.

HA HA, I'm screwed.:crazy:

Comment

yo foglight, do you have any 4 channel amps around the 250-350 watt range that wont break the bank? All these fuckers here in SLO and craigslist flakes and its starting to piss me off!!

PM me if you have what im lookin for, thanks
                    ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
                    *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodoni View Post
                      yo foglight, do you have any 4 channel amps around the 250-350 watt range that wont break the bank? All these fuckers here in SLO and craigslist flakes and its starting to piss me off!!

PM me if you have what im lookin for, thanks
                      250-350 total for all 4 channels, or per channel?

I have 2, 4-channel amps left:

1. Diamond D700.4, does 115x4 at 4 ohm
                      2. Cadence TXA-3004, does 75x4 at 4ohm

I'd much rather sell the diamond amp. Its a really nice amp. I just don't need something that big anymore. I still have the original box.

Comment

IMO, Sound deadning is an absolute waste of time and money on an E30.

I can tell you this: with one of my boxes and say 300 watts RMS on a decent 10" woofer, you can get 125db at about 25Hz or so...so pretty damn serious bass, right? I mean, it ain't 150+db...but you ain't gonna get 150db in an e30 without WAY more weight, power, etc...the box weighs 35 pounds, so if you are careful about it, you can mix and match, get about 120ish db in the same weight that the trunk tar most 6 cylinder cars came with.

My wifes car has 140W RMS from half of a 4 channel Alpine amp. With her windows down, I can hear her coming from a block or so...but with the windows up, I cannot hear her coming at all.

Not one car I have done yet has had ANY kind of rattle from the outside...zero.

No rattles inside, except the normal crap in the door pockets, glovebox...none.

Don't waste your time or money on dynamat.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by foglght View Post
                          250-350 total for all 4 channels, or per channel?

I have 2, 4-channel amps left:

1. Diamond D700.4, does 115x4 at 4 ohm
                          2. Cadence TXA-3004, does 75x4 at 4ohm

I'd much rather sell the diamond amp. Its a really nice amp. I just don't need something that big anymore. I still have the original box.

Luke, for all 4 channels. Theres a guy here in town who wants to sell my a Legacy 300w 4 ch amp for 50$. I looked it up online and it sells for like 35$ brand new. I know legacy is pretty crappy but if I can score it for 20$, do you think its worth it??

Thank You!

Comment

Gimme a model number, I can check.

You still rocking that Titanium Power I sold you on bass?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Gimme a model number, I can check.

You still rocking that Titanium Power I sold you on bass?
                              Legacy LA160. FYI im running dual Diamond Audio 8" subs rated at 125w RMS each IIRC.

I fucking wish! I sold that system with the e30 :(.

Thank You!

Comment

IMO, Sound deadning is an absolute waste of time and money on an E30.
                                Fair enough.

What driver specs did you model the box from? I thought I remember you saying it was ported with a higher 35hz tuning freq.? Also, what interior volume does it have?

Just curious. Wanted to model the drivers I have in your box before purchasing, at least for mechanical response guestimations. I have no idea what the transfer function is for this car.

Originally posted by Rodoni View Post
                                Luke, for all 4 channels. Theres a guy here in town who wants to sell my a Legacy 300w 4 ch amp for 50$. I looked it up online and it sells for like 35$ brand new. I know legacy is pretty crappy but if I can score it for 20$, do you think its worth it??
                                The Diamond amp I have won't be cheap. I could probably part with it for $300. It's a really nice amp though.

For reference, it is a D6 700.4.

Mine actually had a warranty since it was given to me by Diamond. I had an older D6 go bad on me, and received this one as a replacement.

Comment

Working...
                                X