Fuse 22 blowing and radio cutting off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse 22 blowing and radio cutting off

Okay so the other day I was driving and the speakers cut out. the headunit was still on and everything, but nothing was playing. No idea why. then my taillights went out. looked in the fuse box and fuse 22 was blown. its a 15 amp fuse so i put another 15 in. blew it instantly. so i put a 30 in. blew it instantly. put a 7.5, which is what is supposed to be in it, and blew that instantly as well. i have no idea whats going on with it. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks, garrett
    Last edited by broach328; 04-26-2010, 05:04 PM.

it might be making contact with something else. did you try looking for another broken fuse?
    PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

Did you even try looking at the manual, or did you just start shoving bigger fuses in?

Since you confused a 7.5A for a 75A (which does not exist) I am gonna guess you needn't answer...

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yeah my bad about the 7.5 thing. i corrected it on e30tech. I greatly appreciate your response though. I just didnt figure there was a section in the manual titled, "If your aftermarket head unit is on but no sound troubleshooting."

Imdashiz- On the contrary to stereoinstaller, I actually do appreciate your post. I finally figured out where the short was on the taillight issue but now the stereo issue still exists. i have pulled the head unit and all the wires seem okay. no frays, everything was connected so im beginning to believe that the issue may be with the head unit itself.

Comment

Originally posted by broach328 View Post
          yeah my bad about the 7.5 thing. i corrected it on e30tech. I greatly appreciate your response though. I just didnt figure there was a section in the manual titled, "If your aftermarket head unit is on but no sound troubleshooting."

Imdashiz- On the contrary to stereoinstaller, I actually do appreciate your post. I finally figured out where the short was on the taillight issue but now the stereo issue still exists. i have pulled the head unit and all the wires seem okay. no frays, everything was connected so im beginning to believe that the issue may be with the head unit itself.
          not properly grounded?
          PSN ID: Yourself1

Comment

yeah my buddy dave said the same thing. im gonna check the ground to the head unit and if thats good then ill just scrap the head unit and get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by broach328 View Post
              yeah my buddy dave said the same thing. im gonna check the ground to the head unit and if thats good then ill just scrap the head unit and get a new one.
              make sure when you install and connect new components that you check and double check your connections. any wires which are part of the unit NOT being used should be taped off in case by chance touch something. Also check the amp and or speakers too. and if you are drawing way to much amp. you might want to put bigger fuse in.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X