aux fan help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aux fan help needed.

using a Bosch 4 pin relay, i am trying to get the fan to kick on high, when the low temp thresh hold is hit on a e36 m42 rad switch. I have done all my testing by jumping the gn/bk and bk pins on the temperature switch.

I have given up for tonight due to finding out my switched 12v is staying on after the motor. the fan kicks on when turning off the motor.
    If i find the correct switched 12v should i be in business?

Thanks
    Mike
    Originally posted by Lof8
    4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
    therefore, their value is much greater.
    Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Pin 86 is incorrect. Make it a ground. Or, if you <3 DIN standards/have a relay with a built in diode, do that and swap 85 and 86, making 85 the ground and 86 from C113
    -Dave
    2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Lotta grief for nothing.

Wire the damn Spal with the stock wires, swap low and high on the radiator switch (leaving the stock low unused) and you are done.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSmed View Post
        Pin 86 is incorrect. Make it a ground. Or, if you <3 DIN standards/have a relay with a built in diode, do that and swap 85 and 86, making 85 the ground and 86 from C113
        i see i over analyzed this. thanks man! with a second set of eyes it all makes sense.
        Originally posted by Lof8
        4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
        therefore, their value is much greater.
        Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Working...
        X