Subwoofer Box Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    I have an M3 my friend. And I have never seen one M3 with a ski pass. And there's a very simple reason for that. No M3 has a tilting center arm rest thru which you can pass your skis... Therefore you must have been snifing too much wood glue, or have been mistaken by a fake ///M badge...

Once again, you are wrong. You are spreading misinformation, Lee.

That brake cleaner is affecting you.

Stick to brakes, Lee. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
      M3s have no ski pass.

neither did my 318is
      sigpic
      ^Back in the game^
      BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
      FS thread:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Originally posted by bloodshot-e30 View Post
        neither did my 318is
        You guys do understand we aren't talking about the seat, correct?

This is about the METAL part...and your 318iS DOES have the metal "punchout".

Pull your trunk liner or the seat.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
          OT, kind of. Anyone used Second Skin's damplifier? Not pro... just damplifier. I'm thinking of ordering ~10ft^2 for my vert install. I don't want dynomat as it is expensive and HEAVY.

I still want one of those 10" boxes Luke. The wife loves the 12" box, and I am continually impressed by it's output (and clarity) with only 150w RMS and an RE Audio rex12d4 that only cost $55. What is the max top mounting depth a sub can have in one of those? Any excursion limits?
          I used a fuckton (160 sq feet) of Damplifier to try to quiet my car down before I did all my audio - covered that with RAAM audio's Ensolite closed-cell-foam. It made the car quieter, but now I wish I hadn't wasted the money on all of it - it really didn't make an appreciable difference.

By the way, I can attest that these are amazing boxes. I have an Infinity 1060W powered by an Alpine PDX-5 and it makes absolutely INCREDIBLE bass. Having a back seat with an armrest makes things nice, because if it's too much bass you just put the armrest back up and you're good to go.

Buy a box guys, they're amazing quality and make amazing sound.

Comment

i dont have the metal liner at all now my subs went through it when i wrecked it :(
            sigpic
            ^Back in the game^
            FS thread:

Comment

Originally posted by bloodshot-e30 View Post
              i dont have the metal liner at all now my subs went through it when i wrecked it :(
              bummer!

Closing SOON!

Comment

I've owned two E30 M3's-both of them have the metal panel that can be punched out for the ski pass opening. True, no E30 M3 rear seat had the fold down center armrest to utilize a ski pass-but the rear metal panel is there with a provision for one.
                Eric Giles
                '20 M2 CS
                '04 M3
                '11 X5 35D
                '87 325is
                '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  bummer!

yea it sux :( but im one the hunt for another! lol
                  sigpic
                  ^Back in the game^
                  FS thread:

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                    I've owned two E30 M3's-both of them have the metal panel that can be punched out for the ski pass opening. True, no E30 M3 rear seat had the fold down center armrest to utilize a ski pass-but the rear metal panel is there with a provision for one.
                    QFT. Danke!.

Originally posted by CDBE30 View Post
                    I used a fuckton (160 sq feet) of Damplifier to try to quiet my car down before I did all my audio - covered that with RAAM audio's Ensolite closed-cell-foam. It made the car quieter, but now I wish I hadn't wasted the money on all of it - it really didn't make an appreciable difference.
                    Oh my lawd, thanks so much for pointing this out. Seems if I whisper "hey, spend your money on this noise reduction crap you will love it" errybuddy jumps in, says "oh yeah baby I LUB dis here stuff" even they know nothing about it, nor have they actually INSATLLED it, nor have they lived with it....but if you say "Hey Foo, you have a LUXURY car, do you think $30 in padding and 50 pounds of dyno-mat is gonna do shit, time to re-think dis here shit" no one listens...

Originally posted by CDBE30 View Post
                    By the way, I can attest that these are amazing boxes. I have an Infinity 1060W powered by an Alpine PDX-5 and it makes absolutely INCREDIBLE bass. Having a back seat with an armrest makes things nice, because if it's too much bass you just put the armrest back up and you're good to go.

Buy a box guys, they're amazing quality and make amazing sound.
                    That is so fucked up...you are only getting half the power you paid for from that sub channel (you really do need a 2 ohm load on that 5th channel, so it would be the 1062) and you are STILL thrilled with the performance...you likely have only an honest 120, maybe 150 watts RMS going to the woofer!

Thanks for speaking up, bud. You made my day!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Where is the trap? If you have to cut it out, it means it's not there.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

its there lee and it will literally just kick out its held in there bearly.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Self-explaining picture lifted with no shame on the internet :

Get a big hammer LEE !

Cheers

1988 E30 ALPINA B3 2.7 #224/257 Made in Buchloe

see more : http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=71686&referrerid=12460

Comment

Damn Lee..as Luke said, just stick to brakes. The panel that needs to be punched out is pretty much self explanatory. ;-)
                            Eric Giles
                            '20 M2 CS
                            '04 M3
                            '11 X5 35D
                            '87 325is
                            '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

OK, bumping this back up.

Believe it or not this thread is here to sell boxes!

Closing SOON!

Comment

I have a Luke box with a 1062w and a pdx-5 it sound amazing. I must be crazy strong because I knocked a hole in my ski pass area where there wasn't one before so following Lee logic I am some form of god.
                                1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                                5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Working...
                                X