Sound deadening in a vert, worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound deadening in a vert, worth it?

Has anyone tried any significant sound deadening in a convertible? Not necessarily for stereo installation purposes, just to reduce all the rattles and creaking that cabrios are known for.
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

ask Vlad he did it.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

i did the trunk with dynamat extreme. Very heavy but the trunk is very quiet now. Im probably going to spray deadener inside on the floors, and some regular dynamat on the doors.
      I need your obd1 parts! Harness intake ecu etc.

E30 Your Daily Money Pit

Comment

One way to get rid of the rattles and creaks is to get a strut tower brace and lower x-brace. Sound deadener helps, I put it in mine and am happy with it. It's not like you're going for low weight anyways. Do the insides of the doors, floors, seatback, trunk, etc

Comment

^^^ Thanks for the tips. I think I have the bracing covered, I already have a sparco front bar, and I'll be getting a Mason X-brace soon. I even picked up a butt-strut from one of my z3 brethren, but it's the old style 16 pounder. Too bad Corvallis' version was just a one-off

Any suggestions on which brands of sound deadener would work best for this type of application?
          sigpic
          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Mine is just sitting in my garage collecting dust, doesn't fit over the m30 exhaust. PM me if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
            X