Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet that car sounds shockingly good!

(line stolen from AudioControl)

And thanks for the compliments,

I can see my head swelling now!

Looks like 2 left. If you guys keep this up I am never gonna get my S50 in!

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      I bet that car sounds shockingly good!

(line stolen from AudioControl)

And thanks for the compliments,

I can see my head swelling now!

Looks like 2 left. If you guys keep this up I am never gonna get my S50 in!
      did you get the vanos back together or was that a different S50 motor?

BTW how is the design for the IDMAX e34 box going?:D
      Team Hybrids

Comment

Originally posted by darrenforeal View Post
        did you get the vanos back together or was that a different S50 motor?

BTW how is the design for the IDMAX e34 box going?:D

It's my S50. I pretend to be Luke's second pair of hands and arms when I'm not getting shafted by my car.
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          So i'm kind of hung up between a 10" or 12". Clarity is important to me, but i've never had a 12" sub before, is it overkill? I prefer clarity/sharpness over overly heavy bass.
          I think I'm going to go with the 12". I think if you still get a good sub you are still going to get good clarity with a 12" but at if you ever want to rattle some windows you'll have that option too.

I haven't heard much about the 12" boxes though, is that just because everyone is afraid of bass or afraid of the extra weight? I'd love to see a pic of the installed 12" through the ski pass.

ADDITIONAL QUESTION:
          Luke says that you have to make cuts in the rear deck? Is this for both 12" and 10" boxes? These boxes still delete the rear deck speakers for porting? Because in
          EN318isPDX's pictures it looks like the porting is right about the speaker and through the ski pass. I remember the old forums of his boxes where he ran ports through the rear deck speakers and used premium sound housings. Is that still the method?

The 12" box still the same as it was in 2008? http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=104449
          Last edited by NeoMishMoo; 03-04-2011, 08:24 AM.
          West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
          ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

The big deal is all about "loading" your amp.

Simple way: If you have a 2 channel amp OR half of a 4 channel, you want 4 ohm single voice coil.

If you have a small "mono" (TRUE 1 channel) amp OR the subwoofer channel of a 5 channel amp, you likely want a 2 ohm load. You get 2 ohms from 2) 4 ohm voice coils, thus DVC is desirable.

Any questions about it, PM or post the EXACT brand name AND model number of your amp, I will tell you what makes the most sense to get.

Luke

Ok, I have a Memphis Belle model 16-ST1300D 5 channel amp, so I will want a DVC subwoofer, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Oplopanax View Post
              Ok, I have a Memphis Belle model 16-ST1300D 5 channel amp, so I will want a DVC subwoofer, right?
              Yessir, that will give you a 2 ohm load for 600 watts RMS on the sub. You could do a 1 ohm woofer (DVC 2 ohm/coil) but that would be 1000W, and a sub that can truly handle that won't fit!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                It's my S50. I pretend to be Luke's second pair of hands and arms when I'm not getting shafted by my car.

gotcha. S50 is a nice motor especially in an E30. Goodness.
                Team Hybrids

Comment

Originally posted by darrenforeal View Post
                  gotcha. S50 is a nice motor especially in an E30. Goodness.
                  Tell me about it ;) Can't wait to get this bitch back on the road.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMishMoo View Post
                    ADDITIONAL QUESTION:
                    Luke says that you have to make cuts in the rear deck? Is this for both 12" and 10" boxes? These boxes still delete the rear deck speakers for porting?
                    OK, here is the story on the ports.

The 10" box has 2 ports in the skipass, the 12" has them through the top.

There is not enough real estate to get the woofer and the ports in the skipass with the 12".

The original R3V box, the "V1" 12" box, had the ports coming through the rear speaker holes. This was great performance (with very little cutting) but James Crivellone decided he wanted his bitchin' A/D/S plate speakers in the rear deck too.

This caused me many many hours of thinking, and a whole new scheme.

His car was the first to get the V2 box. The one you get is literally a copy of his. The holes must be precisely cut or it looks like ass, and it turns out every car is just a little different...so because the 10" box is lighter, smaller and requires no modifications except removing the trunk tar, I build far more of them.

The 12" box is WAY more work but has a significantly higher output...the things really do pressurize your head! The clarity is still excellent, due to the fact that my boxes are not something that has been modeled on a computer to work best in a lab, but designed to work in your car.

I kinda feel you might want to take the 12" box to a pro. When you tell them you paid $235 for it, they will be shocked. These are far better built than most any normal car stereo shop can do at all, much less for that kind of price. I know I couldn't build for this price if I didn't build them in batches!

'nuff for now, gotta make some sawdust.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

As a side note to James' car, I got in it one time after the final bass tune. I get in the car and James is all like, "Close the door and the play button, it's all que'd up...", so, I close the door and hit play. The cabin of the car literally pressurized like a fucking air plane taking off making my ear's pop. I go to grab the door handle before the bass really kicked in and James clicks his door locks and smiles.

Moral of the story? It'll melt your face off.
                      Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                        It'll melt your face off.
                        Good, I could use a face melting from time to time. Anyone have pictures of the 12" box? I'm not sure exactly how it is different.

...The holes must be precisely cut or it looks like ass...
                        ...The 12" box is WAY more work but has a significantly higher output...
                        ...You might want to take the 12" box to a pro.

Luke
                        So way more work for just you luke or way more work for the customer as well? Is there cutting that is required for the customer to do, and that is why suggest taking it to a pro? Do you have a thread about your V2 12" box?

EDIT: search is an amazing thing. Here are some pics of the 12" box installed http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=136785&page=5
                        I assume that you will give some instructions on how to cut the holes and do the porting? I'm kind of worried about this step but I want to have the option to have my face melted off!

DOUBLE EDIT: here is just what I was looking for, shoulda searched more http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=120407
                        Last edited by NeoMishMoo; 03-04-2011, 10:27 PM.
                        West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                        ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

I'll be ordering the 12" as soon as I get the fucking dinero. If I'm late charge me interest.

Comment

Originally posted by svn2002s View Post
                            I'll be ordering the 12" as soon as I get the fucking dinero. If I'm late charge me interest.
                            Better sell something precious, I don't think luke will be taking orders for much longer, after reading through this thread it looks like he has some other projects he is itching to do.

I suggest going without eating for a few days to help procure the funds.

Comment

Hurry hurry, sale ends today!

OK, maybe not quite like that, but seriously, I can't store them yet, so the goal is only building what is ordered.

I gotta be done building by monday.

If you are serious, PM me, maybe I will take a deposit.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

More bumps: I have 1 12" and 2 10" left, and 3 E34 10"

Get one NOW!

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X