Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRS? My goal is 25 pounds for box, woofer and amp.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      Thats pretty damn light! Great work Luke!

Comment

Hopefully picking mine up sometime this weekend. Now to figure out what sounds best in the box. I kind of want an Infiniti Perfect 10" subwoofer..

So i'm kind of hung up between a 10" or 12". Clarity is important to me, but i've never had a 12" sub before, is it overkill? I prefer clarity/sharpness over overly heavy bass.
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Hopefully picking mine up sometime this weekend. Now to figure out what sounds best in the box. I kind of want an Infiniti Perfect 10" subwoofer..

So i'm kind of hung up between a 10" or 12". Clarity is important to me, but i've never had a 12" sub before, is it overkill? I prefer clarity/sharpness over overly heavy bass.
          You signed up for a 10, if you think you might want a 12", you better speak up today, and then you get to go to the back of the line.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

UPS man just dropped off my box. Thanks again Luke! Got any recommendation for crossover speakers? I just got some e30 tweeter pods in the mail on Friday :D

Comment

The premium midrange has a built in crossover so if you aren't using those, you will want to get a pair of aftermarket crossovers.

If your tweeters are 4 ohm, pretty much anything will work OK.

Hit up your local independent shops, see if an installer has a pair in their junkbox. Before I joined R3V, I generally had 4 or 5 pair sitting around, now they are rare for me, as I sell them before I get them.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Make it fit my Boston 8.5LF Pro! ;)
                Cosmetic wall to allow for mounting an amp and hiding the sub would be great (oops, there goes the 25lb goal)...
                ...and I don't want to take my ski pass plate out of the rear seat!

HA! That should be easy.... ;)
                Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                  Make it fit my Boston 8.5LF Pro! ;)
                  Cosmetic wall to allow for mounting an amp and hiding the sub would be great (oops, there goes the 25lb goal)...
                  ...and I don't want to take my ski pass plate out of the rear seat!

HA! That should be easy.... ;)
                  Ski pass MUST come out, sorry.

That 8.5LF is one of my all time favorite woofers. Wait until your hear that little beast in the ///MBox!

Remember the old Fosgate "Punch DVC"? The burly little 8" with the 2.5" voice coil? I have one in perfect condition, that is what I am modeling on.

Pretty panel is an option, I think. Still not sure on it, need to get about 9 more boxes out, finalize the E34 12" box and get my little black car on the road.

When I do woodwork, the dust gets everywhere. Once I finish building my new tablesaw, the transition from wrenching to boxes will be way easier, and now that I have a dust collector, that should make less mess too...but DAMN I have a lot of work to do. Been at it 12 hours a day for weeks now, but so much is getting done, I love it.

I am even putting off the S50 swap until I get some of this other stuff done, and that is killing me! Gotta re-seal and swap trannies on the '89 too, get it ready for the bodyshop and paint...another project, right?

Guys, get your 12" box and E34 box orders in NOW!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Ski pass MUST come out, sorry.

That 8.5LF is one of my all time favorite woofers. Wait until your hear that little beast in the ///MBox!

Remember the old Fosgate "Punch DVC"? The burly little 8" with the 2.5" voice coil? I have one in perfect condition, that is what I am modeling on.

Pretty panel is an option, I think. Still not sure on it,
                    Cool.
                    I have 1 "new in box" 8.5LF and one that I just pulled out of the box ~10 months ago. Heavy sub, but great quality.

I had the 10" Punch DVC in my E30 325i, running off a bridged 500x2 Rockford Amp (Back when they came with legit "output" certificates and weren't JUNK...ok not total junk) ;)
                    Made as much sound as my friends 15" Orion.

Good luck with the rest of the production Luke!
                    Below the radar...

Comment

You signed up for a 10, if you think you might want a 12", you better speak up today, and then you get to go to the back of the line.
                      If another 10" box becomes available I'm more than interested, although I suspect I'm not the only one. Otherwise I'll be impatiently awaiting the 8" box. :D

Comment

Hmmm. That 8" box isn't even gonna happen until after April, even then the engineering is gonna be tough. Getting the porting perfect can be a bitch, took me 2 years to nail down the 10" box, and well over 30 attempts on the original "V1" 12" box.

As far as building more, tablesaw is still set up, dust is still everywhere. I am now building E34 10" boxes and E30 12" boxes, plus I have to get the details down on the E34 12" box. Doing a couple more 10" boxes would not be that big a deal, but jump now so I can get them done.

It takes me an entire day to get the dust out of the shop, and I have motor work waiting on me to get done with boxes...and building the new home theater furniture and speakers.

If you really do want a box, paypal me now, I will get it out early next week. Same deal $200 shipped, add $10 east of the mississippi. Use my R3V name at gmail.com

Last call on the 12" boxes, or the E34 boxes too. I wish I had space to store some, but the damn S50 is taking up all the spare space in the garage...

Hit me up, guys. I need to know how many to build!

BTW, thanks for your continued support. You guys have no idea how much this means to me.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Payment sent. Thanks Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Jalves619 View Post
                            Payment sent. Thanks Luke
                            Thanks back, and got it.

I am building 4 more BTW: This means I have 3 available, still at introductory prices.

My cars are falling apart, I have GOT to get them into the shop, have got to get the dust out...so hurry up and buy a damn box!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

I've been drooling over your boxes for as long as I've been a member. I think its time I give up on building my own box and just buy some perfection from you. I've built speakerboxes but I know whatever I'll make will never come close to your kinda quality. PM sent.
                              West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                              ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                Sad to hear the last 10" box is sold! : (
                                I am building 4 more BTW: This means I have 3 available, still at introductory prices.
                                Nut up, buttercup! :p

Seriously, anyone who is on the fence needs to just get one of these. I debated for a while, and finally got one. Luke is great to deal with, and the box is truly a work of boxbuilding art. The jointwork and finish are fantastic and the fit is simply perfect. I finally got my install done and I'm tuning/breaking in the woofer, but it already sounds excellent.

I literally cannot recommend these highly enough. I know Luke will chastise me for being lazy, but I covered the box itself with the fabric supplied and mounted the equipment to that, as the trunk is pretty bare otherwise. It fits the space perfectly.

1973 Bavaria

Comment

Working...
                                X