Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 box paid for :) Thanks Luke!
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Just got around to opening up my box last night! Thing is looking beautiful. Going to install today or tommorrow.

Could you update the install thread? Or am I the only dumb one who thinks it could use some more specifics?

First dumb question, just realized there is no terminal, how do you suggest running wires out? I really dont wan't to cut into this thing of beauty, but drill a hole run wires then seal with silicone? Also somewhat unsure of where put the screws that secure the box in place. Might start a thread on where to put my amp.
      West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
      ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

search "buttcrack" in thread titles, this will turn up: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ight=buttcrack

I think I showed where/how to drill a hole for the wire.

I hate terminal cups. The good ones aren't in the budget and the cheap ones melt and are weak.

About the sparse info, yes, you are right. I WILL be doing websites, I own 2 domains (with 3 years of godaddy hosting) and am taking a seminar on WordPress and "social network marketing" in april. www.germanaudiospecialties.com will sell products, and www.bimmerboxes.com will focus on installation tutorials and finished installs.

I keep hoping to see someone do nicer stuff...errbuddy gets lazy on the looks!

Later, I will be selling complete amp racks, pre-wired to your specific amp configurations.

AFTER the 10 channel crossover gets done, after the hiring of 2 or 3 bright hard working guys who want to eventually run a tiny empire.

After R3Vpocalypse, too.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodoni View Post
          Quick question. It sounds like the issue with the e36 is the back seat and how tight it seals and the shape. Could you make an e36 box for an e36 with a rear seat delete? I don't run a back seat in my m3, just upholstered plywood 8)

A pic of it all:
          Y'know, I think we can make something work with that. I have an E36 local with non-folding (m3 too, who knew) but none to model that one...but we can for sure do something, maybe nicer looking than that!

You really do miss that sub, huh?

Thanks!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

hey, bf.c member here. interested in giving the stereo in my e34 a little extra kick.
            i think im going to go with one of the subs you suggested

depending on if you have another 12" box for e34.

Im looking for an amp to go with it. I know i only need a single channel and dont really need anything over 300w but im confused as to how websites list that an amp is 1000w but single channel is only about 430 or 290 or something. Im new to any kind of speaker systems and wiring, but i was looking at

is there a better alternative than this?

I added you on facebook to place an order, im Karl btw :D
            Thanks for the amazing effort you put into the community!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaine0002 View Post
              hey, bf.c member here. interested in giving the stereo in my e34 a little extra kick.

Im looking for an amp to go with it. I know i only need a single channel and dont really need anything over 300w but im confused as to how websites list that an amp is 1000w but single channel is only about 430 or 290 or something. Im new to any kind of speaker systems and wiring, but i was looking at

1050W is the PEAK instantaneous power that the amp puts out (which for our sake is irrelevant). The smaller values are root-mean-square (RMS) measurements which is the AVERAGE power sustainable by the amp over any period of time. The RMS values are what you want to look at.

If it's a cheap amp they are advertising peak power, which is worthless. Whenever you see "max power output" or "peak power output" ignore that number.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                I keep hoping to see someone do nicer stuff...errbuddy gets lazy on the looks!
                You've posted a few nice ones you have completed, and I think there were a few others. I think the one I posted of my wife's looks pretty snazzy as well.
                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                -----------------------------------------
                91 318is Turbo Sold
                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                06 4.8is X5
                06 Mtec X3
                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                90 325i Sold
                97 328is Sold
                01 323ci Sold
                92 325i Sold
                83 528e Totaled
                98 328i Sold
                93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Blaine0002 View Post

Blaine. That amp is great. I have it in my e30 running the obcon. You could even get the 900. The 1050 puts out 290W rms at 4 ohms to the obcon and the 900 is 230rms. If you are getting the 12inch obcon go with the 1050. I have it powering my 10 and it does a great job.
                  Team Hybrids

Comment

Thanks for the replies, i was looking at the 900 from a link i saw in one of your posts, but it is sold out at that retailer. The bigger one is the same price however. Now all i need to figure out is if he has a 12" box for the e34 :pimp:

Comment

I do not have a 12" available currently.

The E34 fitment is kinda kicking my ass to be honest...thus I am behind schedule.

Update in a day or three.

Closing SOON!

Comment

deal, keep me informed :D

Comment

Anyone else who purchased a 12" box having install problems? I can't get my port holes to line up quite right... I put my problem in the V2 box install thread, but just was wondering if anyone else from this batch is having problems.
                          West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                          ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Yeah, I have no clue what the issue is, you have to have something off.

You did remove the trunk tar, correct?

Closing SOON!

Comment

We can discuss it on this thread, the install thread or PM. The trunk tar is what is in the back of the trunk correct? yeah I removed that, I can shoot some more pictures though to try and figure it out. On the install thread I put the picture of my holes, they seem to match your holes. But the driver's side just isn't lined up its about a half inch off like the box is in the wrong position and I need to slide it over but I can't slide it over because the passenger side port lines up great. I cut the holes on 2 vehicles and they both are the same as far as the drivers side not lining up.

EDIT: or maybe I should make my own thread about the issue, this thread's already a little heavy at going on 17 pages, but if you want to keep it on this thread, could you post some measurements to make sure I've got everything right?

Whats the distance between the 2 drilled holes in the car? What is the distance between the ports on the box? Distance from the left port to the left edge of the box, distance from the right port to the right edge of the box? Because I'm measuring and it doesn't seem that the ports on the box are perfectly symmetrical, not sure if they are supposed to be or not.
                              Last edited by NeoMishMoo; 03-26-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

The ports are NOT symmetrical, they can't be, as the box has to be offset to accommodate the power wire on the left side of the trunk.

Note that they are symmetrical to the woofer mount, which is not centered on the box either.

I don't have measurements with me, but I will get them to you.

The trunk tar is the layer of heavy (57 pounds) thick tar UNDER the carpet, all over the bottom of the trunk on 6 cylinder cars.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X