Awesome 10" Woofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
    what reasonable priced amp is good for this? Thanks.
    Basically, if you want just bass power, grab any smaller (400ish total, 4 ohms/mono) amp and rock with it. You don't need more than 200 watts in one of my boxes to get plenty loud...

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
      what reasonable priced amp is good for this? Thanks.
      I would look into Jenson. This one at 4ohms would make you happy. And can't beat $84.

PS I just bought another. Just to have. lol. Also the DVC ones are 4 ohm DVCs.

I can't get over how musical this sub is!
      Last edited by darrenforeal; 03-17-2011, 12:24 AM.
      Team Hybrids

Comment

Hey, Luke, Darren (or anyone else)--any info in comparing the Obcon with the Infinity Kappa 100.9w (or even the Reference) as it relates to its performance in a Luke box? I heard the Obcon through a luke box but I can't get over the aesthetics of it. I find the Kappa 100.9w nicer looking but my final purchase will lean towards the SQ of it all (I want bass music not boom power). Although I do realize the price for the Obcon can't get better than that...

Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by nes85er View Post
          Hey, Luke, Darren (or anyone else)--any info in comparing the Obcon with the Infinity Kappa 100.9w (or even the Reference) as it relates to its performance in a Luke box? I heard the Obcon through a luke box but I can't get over the aesthetics of it. I find the Kappa 100.9w nicer looking but my final purchase will lean towards the SQ of it all (I want bass music not boom power). Although I do realize the price for the Obcon can't get better than that...

Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance.
          I have not heard the Infinity in his box. The only ones I have heard are a Kicker Comp and the Obcon. There is no comparison between the two. I mean the Kicker sounded good, but only because his box. But the Obcon sounds phenomenal. It is almost as if it was specifically designed for his box. I agree with you on the look of it, but the sound makes up for that 10 fold IMO.
          Team Hybrids

Comment

PPI amps for the money are dynamite it seems

Comment

'tis an ugly sumbish, ain't it?

I went out and BOUGHT a CD last night...you kids remember CDs, right? Anyway, I bought Janelle Monae's "Arachandroid". Google the video for "Tightrope". The drums on this track are tough for a sub, as it is a higher frequency than most, but heavy impact. This track really hows the speed of the woofer...I tell you, this thing embarrasses most woofers out there in sheer speed, I love it.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Crazy isnt it? Shit I should buy one of these and make a downfiring sub...

I do not want this ugly thing in my room

Comment

Tightrope good song btw

Comment

I got mine a few days ago--it's pretty beefy compared to the little Infinity. I can't wait to put this huge thing in my box!!!!11one
                    Last edited by Wh33lhop; 04-03-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Any videos of these in action? $40 for any sub sounds like its comparable to Pyramid...aka garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Jkersh View Post
                        Any videos of these in action? $40 for any sub sounds like its comparable to Pyramid...aka garbage

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        'tis an ugly sumbish, ain't it?

I went out and BOUGHT a CD last night...you kids remember CDs, right? Anyway, I bought Janelle Monae's "Arachandroid". Google the video for "Tightrope". The drums on this track are tough for a sub, as it is a higher frequency than most, but heavy impact. This track really hows the speed of the woofer...I tell you, this thing embarrasses most woofers out there in sheer speed, I love it.
                        How does a video showcase if a sub is worth a shit?

He answered your question didn't he?

Kinda has 17,000 posts, he know's a thing or two about car audio.
                        1985 BMW 325e
                        1997 BMW M3/4/5
                        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

nes85er came out to my neck of the woods to hear it. Ask him how it thought it sounds.
                          Team Hybrids

Comment

Originally posted by Jkersh View Post
                            Look, man, learn to look at specs, not labels. Your appreciation of what to find and how to look for it will change drastically.

Closing SOON!

Comment

+1

Comment

Just bought one. Don't need it for anything right now, but I will once my MG is back on the road. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X