No announcement yet.

Awesome 10" Woofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have obcon amps too. Somebody try one of those!

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      They have obcon amps too. Somebody try one of those!
      No, don't bother unless you need a cheap 4 channel, they are just typical taiwan crap.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Well Luke, I ask you this, or an infinity 1062? Because I found the 1062s for $65 shipped on Amazon.

Im buildin a home sub

Comment

Well, the Obcon is quicker and handles more power.

If I were building a home sub, I would do different anyway, like Peerless or even Tang Band.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Ya, but peerless and tang are spendy(er)

Why do you say Obcon can handle more power? Just bigger voice coil?

Comment

Id go for an Image Dynamics, but that is still big money.

Hmm maybe I should hold back now, and just pay big bucks for car sub.

I just searched 1062w and found your spring 2010 build thread where you said that you were going to do an "Image Dynamics" box?

Comment

These look like pretty good subs. I would rock some but right now I've got 3 Sony 12's in the e30 that do the job well enough for me and I don't have to spend any money. On a different note Luke, what would you recommend for a shallow depth or free air sub? I am needing to put some subs in my F350 but I can't give up the space for a big box. I have some space behind the back seat and also under both seats. Thanks and keep up the great work on your boxes.
                Some people just need a sympathetic pat...
                on the head...
                WITH A HAMMER!!!

Comment

Doh!!!
                  Just called and they are out of the dvc 12" woofer...
                  Project
                  Feedback

Comment

oh shit...

Closing SOON!

Comment

I might become a PPI dealer...maybe. They have a 3 way component kit (6.5", 2.5" and tweeter, all Neodymuim motors) that sounds like a winner, plus they have a SQ 8" that should kick ass

Closing SOON!

Comment

Do it Luke! Their amps arent too bad either.

How does one even become a dealer? And are there requirements of how much product you must buy?

Comment

The IDQ and IDMAX are in a whole different arena than other subs. I have t 2 IDQs in my e34 and will soon replace them with a single IDMAX. The Obcon sounds very good. And it can't really be beat IMO unless you spend big bucks on a sub and amp. The IDQs also have a bigger cone area and won't fit in Luke's e30 box.
                          Team Hybrids

Comment

Yeah... and now ID is gone

Comment

Just got mine today. This thing is a BEAST. I tried fitting it in my powered Onkyo home woofer to try it out, but it's too friggin big. It's like 2 inches taller and the cone is almost 1.25" bigger diameter, despite them both being 10" subs. Gonna POUND in my MG.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                                I might become a PPI dealer...maybe. They have a 3 way component kit (6.5", 2.5" and tweeter, all Neodymuim motors) that sounds like a winner, plus they have a SQ 8" that should kick ass
                                do this meow please. I've heard that 2.5 mid and its spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                                X