Install Goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Goodies

So, I don't know if you guys know my true feelings on niftty stuff like distribution blocks and big heavy duty fuse holders and stuff, but basically, I feel that stuff is "jewelery", car audio jewelery, basically. If you have pieces adequate for the power demands that bolt down nice and tight, that is adequate. Function first, right?

However, I LIKE car audio jewelry! I love the look of big fat wire, all shiny and pretty, big burly 150A ANL fuse holders made of a nice solid chunk of brass, cool looking allen screws, bitchin' plastic covers...all cool to me. Hell, I like to light that crap up with LEDs!

So this thread is about just that, car audio jewlery.

Most of it seems like junk though. Shiny pretty junk. Crappy metal, weak, easy to strip allens (the main reason all of my Allen sockets are SnapOn) and generally a poorly executed turd, made of the same crap as your average bowling trophy.

Show R3V what you guys are using, or what you are wanting. I get quite a few PM s about this, lets do a useful thread.

Luke

One thing that the walmart mentality has brought us is crappy quality.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

I would love to see some of your examples good sir
    harry/harout

Comment

Yes, as I was researching distribution blocks, it seems as if most seem to have complaints about stripping the allen head screws in the blocks. They are brass which is pretty soft. The only real benefit I see with them other than the bling is that alot of them are fused. So which ones are a decent buy?

Comment

This is what I found that looks to be the quality I want. I am not into the bling factor just a nice clean install. This also gives me 4ea 1-20amp ato/atc spots for my relays as well! I am going to try it out, it is made for boats.
        This website is for sale! electotronics.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, electotronics.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

What do you all think??

Comment

mostly, I use Stinger products, but I get the feeling they are all the same.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Yeah I get that feeling too. That is why I went with the one in the link above. I figure I would try it out. At least if I need to add anything else I will have some room to expand.

Comment

I use stinger, Phoenix Gold or KnuKonceptz. Like Luke says they are more or less all the same.

I also like KnuKonceptz RCAs if I have to use them instead of symbilink. They are well made and very reasonably priced.
              Team Hybrids

Comment

Yeah I pretty much use Stinger for everything, mostly because I can run to the shop and snag whatever I want. I have never used KnuKonceptz but it looks pretty nice. May have to order a kit and check it out.
                CCW- when every second counts... The police are just minutes away!

Comment

If I put together something it is just gonna be butt splices and such, no jewelry.

Closing SOON!

Comment

I'm a big fan of stinger stuff but I will use anything that's reasonably priced and of good quality. Bling not needed, all my stuff gets hidden anyways.
                    - Josh
                    1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                    Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Working...
                    X