Door Pod Tweeters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Pod Tweeters

No luck in the 'parts wanted' thread- My door tweeters are shot and thus sounds like crap when a moderate volume is achieved; does anyone have a good pair sitting around?

Otherwise, suggestions on upgrades? Should I just unplug em'?

Bueller, Bueller, Luke? haha
    [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/
    91' 325i | Glacier

Try ebay? Its hard to find any that have all of the plastic pins still in place, most are snapped off. I got a pair off ebay and they sound pretty good. I think most people that have some lying around are keeping them as backups for when theirs fail, I know thats what my other ones are for. Also got a pair at a junkyard for 5 bucks, that was a lucky find!
    West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
    ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

I would personally just upgrade. I have my originals but they are not as good as the ones I found at the j-yard.

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
        I would personally just upgrade. I have my originals but they are not as good as the ones I found at the j-yard.
        Upgrade to what? Sounds like you "upgraded" to a different pair you found at the junk yard?
        West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
        ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

i got a set of components (ppi 365cs) and just modded the stock tweeter pods to fit the tweeters from the set....sounds awesome, although I think those speakers are NLA, but someone more up to par on good components can guide you in the right direction for that
          1991 318is ---230K - DD
          1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
          so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Upgrade. See build thread for details.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMishMoo View Post
              Upgrade to what? Sounds like you "upgraded" to a different pair you found at the junk yard?
              Yup. They don't look pretty compared to the originals but they sound a hell of a lot better.

Comment

Working...
              X