Stereo whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo whine

After relocating my battery to the trunk using the OEM setup, I've got a nice whine in my stereo due to feedback or the alternator or whatever you call it. I suppose the best way to get this to go away is to make sure the battery cable and stereo cables aren't right next to each other; how far apart to they need to be? The valley for the wires that runs along the rocker isn't very big so I'm curious.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    After relocating my battery to the trunk using the OEM setup, I've got a nice whine in my stereo due to feedback or the alternator or whatever you call it. I suppose the best way to get this to go away is to make sure the battery cable and stereo cables aren't right next to each other; how far apart to they need to be? The valley for the wires that runs along the rocker isn't very big so I'm curious.
    Luke had me run all my speaker wires down the left side because of the battery wire being on the right side, so i am guessing you dont want them touching at all.

Comment

Fuck, that would require a TON of re-wiring. I wonder if I can get away with just moving them to the passenger's side of the trans tunnel. That should be more than enough... I think?

Comment

Yeah, that should work. You can run them atop the tranny tunnel too.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

LOL you and me are in the same boat. I ran my wires like that too and I have YET to move them over. I haven't driven with a radio since September...just cause I can't stand that fucking whine.
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

^yup. Now that spring is rolling around I need to get this bitch ready... for getting bitches

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
              ^yup. Now that spring is rolling around I need to get this bitch ready... for getting bitches
              Haha, I've been lazy as fuck. But I agree, spring is around the corner (more or less) and its time to get bitches. Although your sweet ass mtech vert will do a much better job at attracting the womenz.
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I might loan it to KenC, let him take it to the titty bar. Might give him a bit of luck ;)

Comment

Move the battery back. :p
                  2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                  2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                  1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                  1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                  - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                  1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                  Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic