rpm and consumption tach dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rpm and consumption tach dead

Noob - its been a while, my rpm and MPG tach works fine then suddenly they stop working then they work randomly..
    a week ago they stopped working completely i tried hittin the thing, checked fuses 10 12 21, checked the batteries they indicated 3.09 volts, i tried to change the whole rpm gauge (had one in an old dashboard, no id if it works..) it still wont work!!so help!!
    is my SI board fried?? or should i rechange the gauge??
    on monday im gettin an instrument cluster to try i hope this will fix it
    another question: can these instrument cluster be swapped directly??
    ps: none of the boards looked fried...
    thx

sorry wrong section..

Comment

si batteries are dead.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Yep, you need to replace your SI batteries. Pull your cluster, pull your SI board out of that and see what type of batteries it's got (mine were Sanyo Laser Lithium CR123, there was another type used as well that was rechargable). Order new ones (~$20) and whip out a soldering iron.

Comment

thx, ill change batteries today and will tell if it works by the evening

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            Yep, you need to replace your SI batteries. Pull your cluster, pull your SI board out of that and see what type of batteries it's got (mine were Sanyo Laser Lithium CR123, there was another type used as well that was rechargable). Order new ones (~$20) and whip out a soldering iron.
            i got the batteries but replacing them is frustrating :( how is it done??? it just wont unsolder, the red stuff over the connections will never melt! any tips how its done? im afraid to breack something

Comment

Originally posted by revhard7 View Post
              i got the batteries but replacing them is frustrating :( how is it done??? it just wont unsolder, the red stuff over the connections will never melt! any tips how its done? im afraid to breack something
              unsoldering done using screw driver :D :P

Comment

changed batteries didnt work! also tried 3 clusters from a shop today dint work either

Comment

guyzzzzzzz helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppp i found the voltage signal of the rpm its givin 11.59 at idle and it gets low while revving at high rpms it gets to 2volts 1 volt... is my signal ok???

Comment

Working...
                  X